75 Gallon Tank overflow check valve ?

dunn

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ok i made a pvc 3/4 overflow with a wet dry filter and i have not put in the check valve yet in the overflow. my ? is when i do is there some type of air sucker on market to remove air besides my mouth or a syringe which i dont have access too

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Dunn and Welcome to Fish Lore!

Are you trying to remove the air from the "U" tubes that go from the box in the tank to the box that hangs on back? If so, I took a long piece of air line tubing and ran it inside the "U" tube. The end of it needs to be fairly close to the top of the "U" tube and just suck the air out and then put your hand on the "U" tube to hold it and pull the tubing out. As you're sucking the air out the water will fill the tube.

My wet/dry is store bought and I don't have a check valve so I can't be of much help there.

I hope you enjoy the site!

Ken

dunn

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
thx for the idea..
my other 75 has the store bought wet/dry set up with a overflow
but i really dont want to hv to pull the tubing out every time LOL

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Dunn,

I'm not sure what you mean by "pulling the tubing out every time". Once you have suction in the over flow "U" tubes and the flow is going, there is no need to disturb them. I might clean the "U" tubes 1 time a year at the most, sometimes even longer than that.

Ken

dunn

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ok heres the photo of the overflow i had to redo with 1 inch pipe i have the check valve installed but here is my problem if the power goes out the siphon will not start again without me putting my hand on the end of the pipe, where the filter is how do i fix this

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Dunn,

Wow! You have some plumbing going on there! lol I'll have to let others that have made their own over flow to help. Wish I could help you more!

Ken

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom