overflow bow

ReeferMadness

overflow box

I am looking into getting an overflow box and everything points to CPR Overflow boxes because they do not use tubes. It was recommended to me that I should use 2 overflow boxes on either end of my tank. Is it necessary if I use this type of overflow box instead of one with siphon tubes? Also, CPR encourages the use of the aqua lifter pump with the box to prevent overflows in power outages. How does this work? And what does an auto top off system do for your sump? ya I ask a lot of questions haha

Peterpiper

This type is ok, as long as it will fit on the tank.
If the tank has a rI'm on the inside at the top of the tank, then it won't fit on the tank.
For the little bit extra, I would go for this one.

The aqua lifter pump has a air line with it, it is used to pull any air out of the overflow section.

auto top off system are used to replace water that has been lost due to evaporation

ReeferMadness

my tank does have a lip on the inside...so wat type of box should I get?

Peterpiper

One that would fit.... sorry looks like you need a "U" Tube type OF.
Or fly me over to the US and I will bring my glass hole saw and drill the tank for you.
I will look on the net and see if I can find some thing for you.

ReeferMadness

haha thanks

Peterpiper

I would have a talk to these guys, get all the sizes etc.

Pete,

PS, So I won't be going to the US? LOL

ReeferMadness

why don't u need a lifter pump for this type of overflow box? should I get 2 incase one of them clogs or will the filter boxes prevent this from happening?

au01st

I have an Eshopps PF-800. The only time it has lost siphon is when I pick the tube up (working on plumbing or something). It has never lost the siphon on its own, even with simulated power outages (turning off the return pump). The water drains to the level of the lip of the skimmer box and stops, the siphon is not lost in the tube, so I don't know what is being referred to when it says "overflow". Check valve on the return tube and you're good to go. The overflow box is smaller than the tower in a reef ready setup, and I like it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom