Overfeed emergency!

PeaP

Hi.
I got back home and feed my Apostogramma cacadoui a lot because i will be away for next 3 days, but i think i have overfeed them...they will not eat for 3 days.
Did i do wrong?

LowConductivity

Change some water before you go, should be all good

NearMeBettas

Could you please fill out the emergency template?

In the meantime, can you please post pics, how much did you feed them, and are they bloated? Don't ever feed more then normal, it would be better for them to not eat 3 days the overeat, but either way is not beneficial. is there someone that could feed your fish well you are gone?

PeaP

Could you please fill out the emergency template?

In the meantime, can you please post pics, how much did you feed them, and are they bloated? Don't ever feed more then normal, it would be better for them to not eat 3 days the overeat, but either way is not beneficial. is there someone that could feed your fish well you are gone?
Sorry i cant because i am away, but tommorow at night i will come...
Thank you both for quick reply:)
Change some water before you go, should be all good

Noroomforshoe

Do a water change before you go. Do not overfeed your fish before you leave! One large meal one day wont help them anymore than one large meal for you would help you fast for 3 days. But lucky for you, 3 days without food is perfectly fine for anything but young fry. some say 2 weeks is fine. I personally would get an automatic feeder if I had to leave my fish for more then 7 days. But less then 7 days without food for fish is fine.

DuaneV

Everyone, the OP is saying they were gone for a period of time, returned home and fed their fish a LOT, and now 3 days later the fish still arent eating.

OP, your fish are probably fine. For now, dont even try to feed them and keep an eye on them to see if theyre pooping. After a few more days if theyre looking bloated, still not eating, not acting right, etc., you might have a problem.

For future reference, you cant make up for hungry fish by overfeeding them. NEVER overfeed them, just feed them their regular amount even if youve been gone for a week. I leave all my tanks (currently 7 with NUMEROUS different species) for a week or two at a time 3-5 times a year. No issues. When I get home I do a water change and feed them regularly. Its like when youre hungry. If you OVEReat to make up for it, you feel like garbage afterwards.

PeaP

Everyone, the OP is saying they were gone for a period of time, returned home and fed their fish a LOT, and now 3 days later the fish still arent eating.

OP, your fish are probably fine. For now, dont even try to feed them and keep an eye on them to see if theyre pooping. After a few more days if theyre looking bloated, still not eating, not acting right, etc., you might have a problem.

For future reference, you cant make up for hungry fish by overfeeding them. NEVER overfeed them, just feed them their regular amount even if youve been gone for a week. I leave all my tanks (currently 7 with NUMEROUS different species) for a week or two at a time 3-5 times a year. No issues. When I get home I do a water change and feed them regularly. Its like when youre hungry. If you OVEReat to make up for it, you feel like garbage afterwards.
Thank you...they are pooping i have never overfeed them before its just because they are quite new and i thought that i will be gone for 10 days but i came back home to make sure they are alright i have always feed them less than all people say for the last 10 years ...what is OP?

DuaneV

Youre welcome. OP means "original post", meaning you, the person who posted the thread. It was addressing the comments here from others who might not have understood your original post.

PeaP

Youre welcome. OP means "original post", meaning you, the person who posted the thread. It was addressing the comments here from others who might not have understood your original post.
O thank you;)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PeaP
  • Question
Replies
Views
FoldedCheese
Replies
Views
darkcat