Overcrowding....?

Stuart Verlander
I have a 60 litre TETRA ART tank, I have 6 neon tetras, 5 diamond tetras, a baby bristlenose pleco. I wanted to finish off by adding 5 glowlight tetras or 1 mollie depending on what is ok for the fish, I don't want to overstock. The tank has been up and running for about a month but haven't added any fish for a couple of weeks.....Any advice?

Danjamesdixon
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately you are already quite overstocked. The Neons need at least a 20 gallon, and the Diamonds get quite large for a Tetra, maxing out at 6cm each - they will need a larger tank in the long run. Your Plec also needs at least a 20 gallon, preferably more towards the 30 gallon mark.

I would refrain from adding more fish, and instead suggest you look more at getting a larger tank!

Stuart Verlander
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately you are already quite overstocked. The Neons need at least a 20 gallon, and the Diamonds get quite large for a Tetra, maxing out at 6cm each - they will need a larger tank in the long run. Your Plec also needs at least a 20 gallon, preferably more towards the 30 gallon mark.

I would refrain from adding more fish, and instead suggest you look more at getting a larger tank!

Thanks, The diamonds are diamond neon tetras.... Thanks again. Have taken it on board.

Five 97
What are the dimensions of this tank? Agreed with DJD, the neons will need at least a 20 gal (approx. 76 litre). 'Diamond' strain neons are good-looking, Imo.

Stuart Verlander
What are the dimensions of this tank? Agreed with DJD, the neons will need at least a 20 gal (approx. 76 litre). 'Diamond' strain neons are good-looking, Imo.

Its a semI circular tank...40cm wide, 30cm back to the furthest point at the front and nearly 50cm tall.

Five 97
That's about 16 inches long by 12 inches wide, not at all large enough to accommodate the activity level of neons. The size is also unsuitable for the BN pleco, would it be possible to upgrade?

Stuart Verlander
That's about 16 inches long by 12 inches wide, not at all large enough to accommodate the activity level of neons. The size is also unsuitable for the BN pleco, would it be possible to upgrade?

Which are suitable fish for the tank I have?

Redshark1
Since you've already got them I'd just stick with the Neon Tetras until you can get a bigger tank. I wouldn't keep a Bristlenose in there because the water quality will suffer and then the fish health will go downhill. BTW Neons only need half a flake each to survive so no need to go crazy on the feeding.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Tom O'Brien
Replies
Views
Sheldon13
Replies
Views
GenF211
Replies
Views