Overcrowded?

1. A

Alex126 Valued Member Member

Hello. I have a 29gallon. With a 70 gallon filter on it. In the tank I have a gourami one molly. 3 Neon tetras and a 3inch royal pleco. I plan on getting 2 angel fish. The pet store said it was fine and they know there stuff. I kno all you say pet stores don't know anything but there is one guy that does. Is it too over crowed?? I might get rid of the neons because of the angels. Thanks !!

2. r

renthus Well Known Member Member

Er, a few things

- The pleco will need to go soon, and you already know that from your other thread.
    - The tetras should be in a bigger school (6+)
    - You could probably do 2 angels in a 29g, but I'm personally more of a 40g person for angels.

3. OP
    OP
    A

Yes. I know I plan on getting rid of the pleco. Any Idea where I could sell it?? And thx

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. Adam55

Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Selling it will be hard. Most LFS will issue a store credit at the most. They don't really buy fish from people.

5. OP
    OP
    A

Alright thx!

6. Castiel*

Castiel* Well Known Member Member

I honestly wouldn't I would re home the Royal Pleco. They get pretty big and I've personally seen a 13in Royal at my LFS. If you get 3 more tetras, re home the pleco, you could possibly get An angelfish. I wouldn't recommend two of them in a 29g tank, and if they pair up, they may get aggressive towards your tetras and molly.

7. OP
    OP
    A

Alright thx! I am also thinking about getting a few ghost shrimp. Would this be a problem in the tank?

8. Castiel*

Castiel* Well Known Member Member

If you do decide to get any angel fish they would probably become food. I'm not certain about this but I've heard bad things about angel's and shrimp being together.