Over stocked

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Bayster70, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Bayster70

Bayster70Valued MemberMember

So I am living in a different town for the summer for work reasons and my girlfriend decided to get me a 1 gallon tank and three fish one neon tetra and 2 glo fish that are larger tetras and I only have a couple weeks left until I move back home to my 45 gallon tank and I was wondering if I can keep them there just for a little bit more until I move back they are cool fish I like them and my girlfriend will be heartbroken if I take them back she says they will be fine for a little bit but she knows nothing about fish

2. leftswerve

leftswerveWell Known MemberMember

IMO, PWC PWC PWC and you can make it.

3. Blk69

Blk69Valued MemberMember

Suggest you have a good air supply/stone to keep water moving in your 1 gallon. Several water changes a week will also be required to keep fish healthy.

Short answer....yes you can do it with a little work on your part. Keep your Girlfriend happy!

4. OP
    OP
    Bayster70

It has an air stone running 24/7 and I do water changes every other day so hopefully they can make it

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. Blk69

Blk69Valued MemberMember

Sounds like you have a workable short term plan. Great.

Now to work on upgrading your 45 gal tank at home...lol

6. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Just change the water frequently and get them into the bigger tank as fast as possible. They'll be fine, imo. :)

7. OP
    OP
    Bayster70

I ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1440291271.124840.jpg
    One yellow one has died after coming back to them floating upside down but still trying to swim I was able to rescue the others but the yellow one didn't make it only one week left so hopefully these little guys can make it

8. BDpups

BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

Does it not have a filter? Use Prime and change the water a couple times a day.

9. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Aw, I'm sorry for your loss. :(

10. OP
    OP
    Bayster70

It did have a filter but it broke and wasn't working so I have to make survive without one for a little bit longer and I do water changes everyday

11. BDpups

BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

12. OP
    OP
    Bayster70

I tested and the ammonia is at .25 nitrite .25 and nitrates 60

13. leftswerve

leftswerveWell Known MemberMember

Not enough PWC, you need to do it every day maybe even twice a day, that is a very small tank with no filter.