Over Aggressive Red Zebra

Discussion in 'African Cichlids' started by Philip wolters, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Philip wolters

Philip wolters New Member Member

So I put some new drift wood in my 125 and out of nowearemy red zebra became super aggressive to any fish that comes near including the Oscars and pleco the pleco is receiving the worst of it.... suggestions?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Inno

Inno Valued Member Member

Its normal he is probably ready to breed and thats now his territory. Mbuna are very aggressive. You could try rearranging the tank decor, but eventually he will find new territory.

3. OP
    OP
    Philip wolters

Okay I just don't want to lose more fish to this guy he already has 2 plecos and 3 mbunas and 3 or 4 crabs on his record

4. Inno

I know what you mean, when I started my mbuna tank I bought 20+ juvies and ended up with 9 adults. They also ate a rhino pleco along the way. But after a year I have to many to count from breeding them. Very cool fish if you can deal with all the casualties.

5. OP
    OP
    Philip wolters

After this happened I rehomed him he would not let my female Oscar eat and for 2 days and had her pinned in a cave and I had enough [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Inno

She probably would have tried to eat him once she got bigger anyway lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice