Oval Shaped, Opaque thing-y.

1. kimoore Member Member

So, there is some sort of infestation going on in the my tank. Just found out I have planaria worms, (not a big deal, got that under control.) I noticed this morning that there were a couple of these oval shaped, opaque looking things in my tank. They move, they swim and they have little antenae or feelers. They are smaller than a grain of rice. What are they? (BTW, i know they are NOT baby RCS or MTS)

2. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Water fleas maybe.

3. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Or Fish Lice.

4. kimoore Member Member

how do i get rid of them? How did i get them?

5. kimoore Member Member

Pretty sure I know how i got them. My LFS had big outbreak of both, fleas and lice, about a week after I bought some plants from them. Pretty sure I WILL NOT ever be getting anything live from them ever again! First it was some weird fungus, second it was anchor worms and now, fleas and lice.... yup, im done with them, I will only get my filters and food from them.

6. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Do you have fish in the tank

7. kimoore Member Member

after some research, it dosent look like lice, thats for sure (and good news,) not fleas either. I dont know what they could be.

Edit; they dont have a tail. if that helps.

8. kimoore Member Member

whelp. i cleaned the tank and replaced all the gravel with sand and some river rock. I found those little oval shaped guys while filter the water through a net to save as many baby RCS as i could. And yup, they were fleas. Thanks for all the help everyone!