55 Gallon Tank Outsmarted!!!

bolivianbaby

My striped convict pair (Caesar and Cleo) spawned this week. We have free-swimmers. I was going to remove the fry during the weekly water change.

All of the fry disappeared when the siphon was in the tank. I turned over every ornament and couldn't find them anywhere I thought they'd gotten eaten.

Once I did the water change and turned the filters, heater back on, about 100 convict fry came out of nowhere>

I got outsmarted by convicts;D

Nutter

They are just messing with you. Fry seem to have a knack for dissapearing at cleaning time, giving us heart palpatations & then reappearing when we are not looking, making us feel really stupid. I'm sure they know what they are doing & are getting a kick out of it.

peacemaker92

haha and a great laugh out of at as well Poor BB. Hope you didn't nearly get a heart attack there. Glad they're fine as well. Are you still going to remove them?

bolivianbaby

Nutter said:
They are just messing with you. Fry seem to have a knack for dissapearing at cleaning time, giving us heart palpatations & then reappearing when we are not looking, making us feel really stupid. I'm sure they know what they are doing & are getting a kick out of it.
peacemaker92 said:
haha and a great laugh out of at as well Poor BB. Hope you didn't nearly get a heart attack there. Glad they're fine as well. Are you still going to remove them?
I knew you guys would understand! They're nuts, but I guess that's another reason we love them. They're a fun fish, for sure!

Yes, I'll be trying to remove them again. The convict pair has taken 3/4 of the 55 gallon tank and my jellybean convicts aren't able to get their very much needed exercise

lorabell

lol....BB only u!!!!! Hope all is well!!!!

ryanr

I've read this thread a few times now (every update), and all I can say is that every time I read it.... hilarious!!!

When you consider that humans have a 'control on nature', nature always manages to evade us, deceive us, confuse us and, best of all, entertain us....

It must be great to have a spawn and some fry to admire bb

Latest threads

Top Bottom