Outside tank Cleaning

choochiegirl

What is the best way to clean the outside of the tank? The tank I have is used , I think acrylic, and a little grungy looking on the outside. it has water splashes on the outside from me filling it. It is currently cycling. what can I clean it with?

Tom

The way I clean my tank on the outside is by spraying some of the window cleaner into a paper towel and then wiping everything but about an inch from the surface to make sure I don't get any of the chemicals in the tank itself. If anybody has any other suggestions, feel free to answer/comment.
Tom

Gargoyle

Tom said:
The way I clean my tank on the outside is by spraying some of the window cleaner into a paper towel and then wiping everything but about an inch from the surface to make sure I don't get any of the chemicals in the tank itself. If anybody has any other suggestions, feel free to answer/comment.
Tom
I do the same thing...

Bonochick

That's what I do as well. My dogs like to leave snout prints on the tank that need cleaning. :

griffin

i'll just take a mostly dry paper towel or sponge and wipe it down. the stuff that doesn't come off I use a little more water and do the same thing.

Tom

griffin - I used to do that until I noticed that there were water marks on the side of the tank and it shows up in the pics, with the flash.
Tom

griffin

I usually wipe down the sides of the tank as well as the front to prevent those water marks.

darkwolf29a

I treat mine the same as I do the TV and computer monitors...a little Windex in a paper towel and wipe carefully.

choochiegirl

funny thing is I can get glass cleaner with ammonia in it, but can't get ammonia for my cycling >

vin

I never use cleaning solution...I use wet paper towels with a dry one behind to polish the glass....Glass cleaners leave residue and I'd rather not take the chance.

Latest threads

Top Bottom