Outside Inline Water Heater

Tofa

Hi

At the moment for my water changes it involves moving 50ltrs of water through the house to empty down the sink, then another 50ltr clean water back to the tank
I've realised there is a outside drain near my frontroom window which im going to use to drain to, I also want to have a water butt outside to fill via pipe with RO\tap mix (normally takes a day) and when ready pump into the tank

Theres no outside plug to wire in a heater so to avoid filling the aquarium with water that's too cold I'm looking for an inline water heater, to heat the water as its going to the tank. I've seen the normal inline ones but they are designed to maintain the water temp as it comes out the pump, has anyone seen a 'beefed-up' one that can heat the water from what ever it is outside to ~26C in one pass?

Thanks
Chris
UK

Dennis57

Hi, not sure what a water butt is, but is that a hose spigot on the outside of the house where you hook up a garden hose?

If this is, can you run a hot water line next to it? At most hardware stores they sell a Y connector that you can attach to 2 spigots at one time.

I used this years ago before I bought myself a Python Fish Tank Cleaner.

Tofa

Its just an outside plastic water container, normally used to collect rain water
Using that to store the water as I use 50% RO water, so would store the water outside whilst its filling, treat it and then pump it into the tank

I've got an outside tap, but nothing for hot water outside

AvalancheDave

It would probably have to be the equivalent of an on-demand water heater for household use. It takes a lot of power to heat water on-demand. Probably several thousand watts.

Tofa

Thanks
As there's no power except for inside near the window, and I'd need to plug something in anyway to run the pump when pumping it from the water butt to the tank inside, then I may just fit a 3000w heating coil inside to bring it up to temp before pumping it in

Quick calc, even if it was winter it would only take 20mins to get close to the right temp

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom