Out Of Water

fish time

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Is it true thst crayfish can go out of water i was curious because i saw someone getting a crayfish at petsupermarket and then the person went and took it out and it was standing all perfectly fine on his hand, so what did i just witness because that was pretty cool to see it walking all fine untill he bagged it up sadly

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I knew the answer, but don’t know how to properly put it in words. Gonna wait for a better response and if not, whip out the laptop and give my 2 cents.

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep, crayfish are semi-aquatic and can breathe oxygen, they need to have moist gills, so water is necessary but they also need to be able to reach the surface.

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
At night while camping I'd often look at the water edge of the lake and see several crayfish half in/out of the water. They can live for quite some time out of water so long as they stay wet.

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
WTFish? said:
Yep, crayfish are semi-aquatic and can breathe oxygen, they need to have moist gills, so water is necessary but they also need to be able to reach the surface.
THATS what it is.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You can definitely have a crayfish transported with a bit of water, not fully submerged.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom