Out Of Water

fish time
Is it true thst crayfish can go out of water I was curious because I saw someone getting a crayfish at petsupermarket and then the person went and took it out and it was standing all perfectly fine on his hand, so what did I just witness because that was pretty cool to see it walking all fine until he bagged it up sadly

2211Nighthawk
I knew the answer, but don’t know how to properly put it in words. Gonna wait for a better response and if not, whip out the laptop and give my 2 cents.

fish time
Ok, its just that it was pretty cool he did not even use a net just hand

fish time
Oh and I'm going to add this question, are crayfish delicate

WTFish?
Yep, crayfish are semi-aquatic and can breathe oxygen, they need to have moist gills, so water is necessary but they also need to be able to reach the surface.

Demeter
At night while camping I'd often look at the water edge of the lake and see several crayfish half in/out of the water. They can live for quite some time out of water so long as they stay wet.

2211Nighthawk
Yep, crayfish are semi-aquatic and can breathe oxygen, they need to have moist gills, so water is necessary but they also need to be able to reach the surface.
THATS what it is.

Fanatic
You can definitely have a crayfish transported with a bit of water, not fully submerged.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
theemon
Replies
Views
Lux
Replies
Views