Our Tanks so far :)

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Alrighty.. here are our tanks so far!

Here is the 28 gallon that bf got for Xmas. I say it's ours though since I've been the one doing all the maintenance Don't think bf was expecting it to be so much work heh.
Really hoping that the plants will flourish and grow more so it won't look so bare. I'm also planning on drawing a background for it to also help it not look so empty... as soon as I get in the mood to draw
4.jpg

And here is a pic of the 3.5 gal Q tank. I know it's tiny, but it was free. We just bought a new whisper filter for it b/c the one that I was given for it was too strong and created a current at the bottom so the fish couldn't rest. It's sitting on the kitchen counter It was on bf's desk but we were all a bit paranoid about my little niece possibly getting it into her head to try to mess with it so it was moved heh.
5.jpg

And finally here is my 10 gallon that will house my 2 bettas. It's bare minimum right now. We just got gravel and the divider for it tonight. I still need to get a heater for it since I'm using the one that came with it in the 3.5 gal... also would like to try to find some small driftwood and plant the marble queen sister plants into it I know I'm gonna have trouble getting driftwood small enough though. I don't think I've ever seen small ones before.
Male betta will be going on the red gravel side and a female will be going on the black gravel side since that is the side with the filter. Male will be getting the heater and an airstone though heh
Also drawing up a background for this one too heh...Probably not gonna be able to see it if the plants grow well, but oh welp! It's the thought that counts
6.jpg

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What on earth is that big thing on the bottom that looks like a frog thing? Other than that question, it looks great. Do you use the tape themometers?
Tom

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Lol.. that's one of those alligator air things. Where you hook it up to an air pump and the bubbles from it makes it's mouth open and close heh. Bf got it for Xmas

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OOOOOOkay, I didn't see the bottom lip, it blend in so well. Just noticed the breeder net, what is it for, if you don't mind me asking?
Tom

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
There are baby danio in it of course! heh... They started showing up soon after we got our fish. Alot of them have died, but there are 3 in there that are growing really well. I'd post pics of them but the net makes it hard since the camera wants to focus in on the net instead of the babies
I'm gonna be doing some cleaning tomorrow so I'll try to get pics of them then.. they're SO cute!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow looks nice. I see your plant with the plantlets

I found a small piece of driftwood at petco for only 5.65 and it came with a sword on it, they also had many other small pieces. This piece is really small and would fit fine in your divided ten gallon. You can get a gang valve and put in two airstones run by one pump

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh and here is a pic of the 3 fry who are growing slowly but surely!
I cleaned their breeders net today and scooped them out and stuck them in a plastic container while I cleaned heh. Only way to get the camera to focus on them enough to where you can see them

I really can't wait til they're big enough to put into the main tank. They're still about half an inch long, so they have alot more growing to do before that happens.
8.jpg

We only have Petsmart and Superpets here (along with the fish place that's pretty far away)... and I don't think I've ever seen any of them offer smaller sized driftwood I'll probably just have to put some little cheesily cute ornament into their tanks along with plants That's alright though b/c I like the cheesy stuff too hehe

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'll take a picture of what I use to clean my breeding boxes out with, it's really nice as I don't have to remove them. IN an hour or so I'll post it for you.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Did you breed their parents or just recieve them like that?
Tom

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This is what I use, I just suck up the junk then stick it in a cup and it can't suck up the fish. You squeeze it and it sucks up water, I can't remember what it's called.

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ooo that looks like a very handy tool. I could use something like that heh. I just scooped out the 3 fry, put them in a container, then scooped out all of the debris and kinda scrubbed the sides of the nets with my fingers.

I didn't breed these danios on purpose heh. I had thought they were 4 males since I mistook them for a different kind of danio, but soon realized that I had 3 females and a male when more fry were appearing. From what I understand, you can't stop them from breeding heh

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is indeed a very handy tool, it makes cleaning a breeze and your hands don't get wet.

LOL I can't stop my angels and guppies from breeding either, no I don't believe you can stop them from breeding

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is it like one of those things you use to put the water in the tubes to be tested?
Tom

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Love your tanks and fry!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya I don't know what it's called ???

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
YAY.. Finally got a few ornaments for my 10gal tank.. and finally got it a heater (since we put the one it came with into the quarantine tank).

Here is a pic of it currently. Still needs an airpump (also being used on the Q tank) and I'm planning on getting it more plants, but I think it's looking cute so far! lol
If I can ever find driftwood that I like, or just anything more natural looking, I'll replace the vase, but for now, I likes it!  ;D
18.jpg

I also finally cut off the shoots from the marble queen and put them in. Really hope they survive and grow in the tank!

Water is a bit cloudy (probably from me putting in the decor).

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice, could use some more water or is htere a reason for that

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh I didn't fill it up all the way b/c I wasn't sure how heavy the decors were going to be.. so didn't fill it alot heh. Plus the divider has some gaps at the top where the bettas MIGHT be able to squeeze through if they tryed, so keeping the water a little lower than norm to prevent something like that from happening
I'll be adding more water as soon as I get more plants, but not much heh

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Makes sense

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
I like the croc in the bigger tank-looks pretty cool. I'm assuming its a bubbler.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom