Our new tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by KTandJon, May 8, 2006.

1. KTandJonNew MemberMember

Hello. We got a 10 gal tank a few weeks ago (freshwater). We currently have 3 long finned zebra danios, 2 guppies (1 male, 1 female) and a kuhli loach. We are thinking of adding 4-6 neon tetras and 1-2 otocinclus over the next few weeks. Does this sound alright?

Also, what is the best food to feed the kuhli?

Thanks for your help and advice.

2. GwenzWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to FishLore. It sounds OK to me although I know that Danios and Neon Tetra's like to be kept in groups of 6 or more. I don't know about the Kuhli, I'd wait for sombody who knows more about them to answer. :)

Gwenz :)

3. Joe GValued MemberMember

Please do not make the same mastake i did , get yous self a test kit asap to check for ammonia, nitrates, Ph ext... as you must make sure nitrate levels don't get to high or you will See in the next couple of week your fish will start to die.

4. KTandJonNew MemberMember

I've got an Aquarium Pharmasuticals Master Test Kit. I've been testing the water... Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate levels are all 0.0 ppm. I also take a sample of water to the pet store when I get new fish and have them test it as well (they do it for free). I use dechlorinater and a small amount of aquarium salt with all water changes (10% weekly, 25% monthly) and have used Stress Coat each time I add new fish.

5. ebbandflowValued MemberMember

Is it just me or isnt that waaay to many fish for a ten gallon?

6. Joe GValued MemberMember

I herd it should be a inch a gallon so 10 gallon tank is 10in of fish
    i may be wrong.

7. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

The tank is already stocked if not overstocked. I would not add that many more fish...actually I wouldn't get any more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice