Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Our New, Restored Fish Tank

1. D

DavidWM New Member Member

Okay, I'm really proud of the work I put into this. When I first got my hands on it, our new 40 gallon aquarium was a scratched up, hard water stained mess. Here's the before shot from when I first got to working on cleaning it up:
    upload_2017-7-30_0-37-58.png

And here it is today:
    upload_2017-7-30_0-37-40.png

I haven't had a fish tank in awhile and I honestly forgot how much I love working on them and having one. We don't even have the fish yet but I can't help but stare at it. It's also my first naturalistic fish tank, with driftwood, rocks, sand, and live plants (Java fern and Amazon & Argentine swords). I've been doing fishless cycling and the parameters are all looking good, so I'll probably get the first fish after my paycheck this Friday. The plan is to make this a South American tank with a pair of angels, tetras, and some catfish. I really can't wait to see how it looks when the plants have grown up a bit and the fish are stocked.

Really proud of how this came out. :)

2. Kellye8498

Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

Great job! It's looking amazing!

3. SplendidBettas

SplendidBettas Valued Member Member

Awesome! A few years ago I got a 40 gallon breeder that took some cleaning and work too, but it was totally worth it :)

4. fgjmessina22

fgjmessina22 New Member Member

Wow what a great job on restoring the tank!

Advertising