Our new little albino bristle nose plecky

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Thunder_o_b, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

I believe it is a little girl. But she is very young to be sure yet. She is about one inch in length. Will be interesting to see if our male in the other tank will take to her when she is grown the way he took to his first love :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

I don't usually care for the look of albinos, but she IS interesting.

3. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

I am the opposite of eienna... I prefer the look of albinos as to SOME normal fish colorings... yours is stunning though!

4. pirahnah3

pirahnah3Fishlore VIPMember

I really love my Albino BN plec! I have a female also, she is a hoot to watch in the tank, thou she does like HER spot behind the filter intake. She will venture down and chill either on the heater or on some of the driftwood in the tank.

5. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

One of our members is going to be selling his stock of baby albinos when they mature more and i am planning to get 3 of them :) so excited!!!

6. Msheresy

MsheresyValued MemberMember

How long is it? Looks female to me.

7. Tigress Hill

Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

One inch:)

8. Msheresy

MsheresyValued MemberMember

Oh. Yeah, too early to tell. All my boys start getting their bristles around 1.5"-2". ABN puberty!

9. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

It looks a little weird because it is a true albino Ancistrus cirrhosus. A lot of the ABN we see are not actually albino, just yellow and some are leucistic. There are also some albino lines that have created pigmented albinos(oxymoron eh?) to be yellow and orange. This is a truley pigmentless fish.

10. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Nice little female. Most males have a red spot on top of their heads :)
    Carol

11. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Thank you Eienna :D She is a spunky little thing with a pretty face ;)

Thank you monkeypie:D

The albinos do seem to be more active than the other pleckys that I have had in the past.

12. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

I think you will really enjoy them. Are you going to put them in the same tank? I have been told that mature male pleckys do not get along.

I believe it is a female.

:)

:D

Thank you soltarianknight:) interesting info.

Thank you Butterfly :) I never noticed that, thank you for the info.

13. Butterfly

U stole this from one of soltarianknight Posts :) Mine have this spot even when their small. look at the top of the head. 

14. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Cool shot of a handsome male. The background really works in this shot.

15. Butterfly

LOL the point was to show you the red spot on his head as a way to sex albino BN :)
    carol

16. soltarianknight

Yeah i was trying to find a pic of a yellow albino. This pic belongs to the great google, not I.

17. wolverinedValued MemberMember

I recently got an an and love how active it is. I have a moon lighting on my tank and makes it almost glow. Cool fish to own. Will both males and female grow the bristles?

18. Tonia

ToniaWell Known MemberMember

I also just recently got a pair of albino bn.. mine are both female with long fins.. gorgeous fish! Love yours, Thunder!!!

*plans fishy play dates*

19. soltarianknight

Normally just males but some females may be an odd one out.

20. AnthonyC4C

AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Such Clean Shots...Love It!!! I wish I knew how to get the photo right on the post...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice