Our Malawi African cichlid tank

Allie
Groups shots
Male Metriaclima Msobo
Female Blue Hap Ahli

Shawnie
great pics...I so love the blue 's on all cichlids ..thanks for sharing!

Sabi
Very Nice Allie!
Do they fight at all?

p.s. cichlid tank next on the list for me!

Allie
Very Nice Allie!
Do they fight at all?

p.s. cichlid tank next on the list for me!
Thanks. ;D
Unfortunately yes...they've killed a frontosa and our big male aceI is beaten up. My hap ahlI male was getting pretty mean before he got sick. They are in breeding mode here so I guess aggression is at a high right now. This time I know they are mean, it's their nature. All we can do is be here to help when they get hurt. AND get stressed out in the meanwhile.

voiceless_kat
Allie, they are amazing, as usual. Ahhh girl, you are killing me here........Soon I am going to be asking you for the secrets of African Cichlid care.............

Val

Allie
Allie, they are amazing, as usual. Ahhh girl, you are killing me here........Soon I am going to be asking you for the secrets of African Cichlid care.............

Val
Thanks...but there really is no secret to keeping africans.
We lost our big male AceI last night due more MalawI aggression. This is getting frustrating.

Sabi
Thanks. ;D
Unfortunately yes...they've killed a frontosa and our big male aceI is beaten up. My hap ahlI male was getting pretty mean before he got sick. They are in breeding mode here so I guess aggression is at a high right now. This time I know they are mean, it's their nature. All we can do is be here to help when they get hurt. AND get stressed out in the meanwhile.

Well at least I don't feel too bad!lol. I thought mine fought because I didnt select approprate tank mates. The Male Metriaclima Msobo is beautiful!

Allie
Well at least I don't feel too bad!lol. I thought mine fought because I didnt select approprate tank mates. The Male Metriaclima Msobo is beautiful!
I think he is the murderer. He is my favorite looking, but he is aggressive as heck. He has to be sold, we can't find females for him so. :-\

capekate
HI Allie
thanks for posting the photos, your fish look fantastic! ;D
.. of course if my hubby see's these.. he will be more inclined to get 'HIS' fish tank lol... He told me last night that he wants his own tank now.. with cichlids lol... OHhh boyyyy.... I better advise him on getting at least a75g. heheh...

I love your tank set up! ;D

~ kate

Sabi
I think he is the murderer. He is my favorite looking, but he is aggressive as heck. He has to be sold, we can't find females for him so. :-\
Oh dear...
Why is it that thw pretty boys are either absolutely aggressive or plain baby-ish!!!

Allie
Oh dear...
Why is it that thw pretty boys are either absolutely aggressive or plain baby-ish!!!
I dunno but it seems every time I really like an african species it usually ends up being too aggressive.

Angela_96
Wow, I can't wait until my cichlids grow that big! Yours are really beautiful!!!!

Allie
Wow, I can't wait until my cichlids grow that big! Yours are really beautiful!!!!
As soon as yours get a certain size you will see the aggression start...usually 2-3" they seem to start the mating dance. Then all **** breaks lose until you find the right combo.

hockeyref88
Beautiful Tank and fish!!!

FishFolk
Allie,

They look great! Sorry about all the aggression issues and your injuries and losses. I listened to a speaker the other night who told a story that made an excellent point. He watched one 6 inch fish (in Lake Tanganyika) dart in and out of a nest in a circle going 3 meters out each time. No matter what we try to do to make the tanks natural - they are not. So, we are bound to have to work hard to get the right mix and control agression.

I am a total newb in this area, but what he said seems to make sense.

ANYWAY - Your photos and fish are gorgeous.

Allie
Allie,

They look great! Sorry about all the aggression issues and your injuries and losses. I listened to a speaker the other night who told a story that made an excellent point. He watched one 6 inch fish (in Lake Tanganyika) dart in and out of a nest in a circle going 3 meters out each time. No matter what we try to do to make the tanks natural - they are not. So, we are bound to have to work hard to get the right mix and control agression.

I am a total newb in this area, but what he said seems to make sense.

ANYWAY - Your photos and fish are gorgeous.
Thanks...we have the aggression down since the Msobo was sold. We have the right mix right now.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PseudotropheusKenobi
Replies
Views
Kat11
Replies
Views
Molasses
Replies
Views