- Reaction score
- Just started
At the beginning of April, we had to give 4 of our Cory Cats to a friend to keep in her tank. While we were gone, she would drop a half of an algae wafer in every other day. Well, she didn't know about taking out the uneaten portions after 12 hours and 1 of the cory cats along with a growing number of her fish are dead. Could the wafers being left in the water cause this? She's using distilled water and some of the fish in there had some fin nips & all. I noticed on the back wall of the tank some white 'hair' sticking to the glass and there is a small amount of algae on the gravel. She doesn't have a testing kit so i'm going to go over & test her water either today or tommorrow when i'm back on that end of town. Any ideas on if the wafers are to blame or what might be happening?