our brand new rams bred for us.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I bought rams on Saturday night and as I was going to bed tonight I noticed that the one female was staying in the bottom tube that connects the two tanks..... when I looked closer she is guarding about 50 eggs.... WOW THAT WAS FAST I totally wasnt ready lol PICS TOMORROW...

PICTURES IN POST #6, I added them weds. morning.

Last edited:
OP
Morgan111

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
well here are some pictures. Mom seems to be keeping a good eye on the eggs and I wasnt ready for this spawn so I'm going to let nature take it's course and see how it goes, on the next round I'll remove the rock and put it in a 10 gallon to raise the fry in. the pictures arent great but if you look close you can see the eggs.

Attachments

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good luck with them. I've had free swimmers from 2 pairs now and both times they have been eaten by the parents. If it ever happens again I'll do my best to remove the eggs and raise them myself.

OP
Morgan111

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good luck with them. I've had free swimmers from 2 pairs now and both times they have been eaten by the parents. If it ever happens again I'll do my best to remove the eggs and raise them myself.
thats kind of what I figure is going to happen but I wasnt ready for this time lol

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Morgan, there is a little " mark with the + under it next to the "quote" button in each response. If you click the "+ buttons on whichever posts you want to respond to, and the "post reply", it'll bring up a screen where you can respond to multiple quotes/posts in one response.

Not sure if that made sense.

OP
Morgan111

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Morgan, there is a little " mark with the + under it next to the "quote" button in each response. If you click the "+ buttons on whichever posts you want to respond to, and the "post reply", it'll bring up a screen where you can respond to multiple quotes/posts in one response.

Not sure if that made sense.

yup I've done it many times I just kept getting pulled away with work issues so I'd only read one n reply... sorry lol

OP
Morgan111

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
LOL I hear ya. We weren't ready either, didn't expect new rams to be spawning. We were really hopeful that our rams would be good parents but I guess they need more practice...
mine was seeming to do pretty good last night n this morning, how long before fry hatch? best food? Will the fry eat like cyclopeze or shoul;d I just try baby brine?

OP
Morgan111

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
it is a very fine meaty food that I feed to corals n such I think fry might like it, I'll look at the Hikari too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 17 19.3%

Top Bottom