Our Barn & Buggies

1. Ohio Mark Well Known Member Member

Barn 12.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Punkin Well Known Member Member

Beautiful! How neat and clean. We'll have to take a ride someday and visit you! ;)

3. Ohio Mark Well Known Member Member

Thanks. :) Maybe it will happen sometime. :)

4. OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

That is a fine barn. So meticulously maintained. I am a "car guy" so I am interested in the buggies. :) Are all the lights powered by an auto battery that you recharge occasionally? What is in the overhead console? I assume you buy somewhat basic buggies and customize them for your needs?

5. Ohio Mark Well Known Member Member

I hate a messy or untidy barn. Thanks for the compliment. :) The lights are powered by a 12-volt battery. With the new LED lights, I can get away with recharging the battery about every other month, less in summer. The overhead console in the top-buggy is where the light switches & battery meter are. Our other top or covered buggy had the switches on the dash, but I like them better overhead -- less dust to clean. Buggies are custom-made, so when you order one, you choose all the upholstery, lining, switches, etc., though the basic overall look or features depends on what group you belong to.

6. OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Interesting. Now that you mention it, the groups around here have very similar buggies. Some as basic as a slow moving vehicle sign on the back and that's about it for "features" :)

7. Ohio Mark Well Known Member Member

Similar in shape & color? Pretty much all communities that originate from this part of Ohio have the same color & shape buggy, but the "features" vary a LOT. There are ten separate groups here in Holmes Co. and I belong to the largest one. (We outnumber the others roughly 3 to 1.) There are groups with much more modern buggies here (rubber tires & sliding doors, for example) and others with buggies much less modern than ours. One group won't even use the SMV-triangle and also has no windows, lights, reflectors, mirrors, or windshields.

8. OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Yes color and shape of course and lack of features. You don't have to respond to this statement, but I don't find it admirable or responsible to endanger your family driving on highways with no small attempt at protecting yourself from cars and trucks that might not see you.

9. RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

I agree on the cleanest barn I've ever seen! My Aunt has a farm in New Hampshire and her barn was pretty messy while it was still standing.

10. Ohio Mark Well Known Member Member

I agree with you. I want to be visible on the road not only to protect myself and my family, but out of respect for drivers of cars or other faster, stronger vehicles. We OWE it to other drivers to make as much effort as possible to be seen so THEY don't have the trauma of hitting a buggy and have to deal with that. With lots of lights our buggies (particularly the flashing amber lights on the middle of the top edge of the rear of the buggy), accidents are rare and when they do occur, usually involve DUI or distraction.

11. Dandelion-Dream Member Member

When I'm moving in September, I'm getting a pond for my two goldies AND a small art studio in our new barn! Can't wait!