Our 47 gallon tall tank

1. Jeff Varszegi Initiate Member

This was my first setup ever. It's humble, but it was fun and I am at least proud I provided enough shelter for my gouramis. I will post a pic of our upstairs 20 gallon soon... that one turned out better.

319.jpg

2. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Nice tank!!

3. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

wow that is a really tall tank. it looks very nice. great job on the aquascaping!

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

That looks fabulous! Great job.

5. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

what are the dimensions? It's very nice, I really like the aquascaping, too.

6. David C Well Known Member Member

Hard to believe that's your first tank, it's outstanding.

Dave

7. bubblefish Member Member

it looks really good. I've never seen a tank that tall. Pretty unique.

8. Jeff Varszegi Initiate Member

Thanks to everyone for looking and commenting; you're too kind. We bought this form factor because it was on sale at the time, and we needed something with minimal impact on floor space (this one was advertised as a corner tank, but we have it out in the middle of the living / dining room now to help divide the space).

I really don't know what I'm doing, scaping-wise. One thing I did was take some clear suction cups and air tubing, then cut small sections of the tubing, and slice down one side, to make anchors for the plants on the side of the tank. I am sure there's some better way to do it.

I believe the tank is the same one shown at the following link, making the dimensions 20 3/16" W x 18 3/16" L x 63-5/16" H:
    http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3804455&lmdn=Shape

My next wishes for this tank are to hide the equipment a little better, to replace the fake rock in the middle with a tall piece of mangrove root driftwood, and to redo the bubblers to look like marsh gas, something I did in our other tank.

9. Morgan Member Member

Great looking tank :happy0034:

10. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Jeff. You've done a wonderful job on your tank. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos.
    Happy New Year!
    Ken

11. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

I like it, I think it hard to aquascape such a small/tall area, but you did a great job!:;th