Ouch, but im back again

Jon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys i just got back from the hospital again... I went in on monday morning at 2AM cuz i was up all night barfing and coughing....

i went to the ER and they X-rayed my lungs and sayed it looked terrible (lots of pneumonia)... I stayed till today (wednesday) at 2ish and then came home...

got better and it turns out i only had pertussis (whooping cough) which is wierd because it doesnt explain all the pneumonia in my lungs... i g2g see a pulmonologist some time because ive had pneumonia b4 and they dont know why i got it so bad...

only good thing is Jefferson county called to tell me I cant go to school until monday cuz pertussis is really contagious and theres kind of an outbreak... usually people are immunized to it but for some reason now the immunization doesnt work...

thats it cya

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You're only immune if you've been vaccinated.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Wishing you a quick recovery Jon! After all, who'll be taking care of your fishies if you're sick?

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
vin said:
True, but actually the vaccinations don't always work. I've you get the shot, you can still get whooping cough, just not as likely. I know this cause we had an outbreak at my school too.

Isabella said:
Wishing you a quick recovery Jon! After all, who'll be taking care of your fishies if you're sick?
Oh yes, we all hope your fish will be fine! We wouldn't want something to happen to the fishies while you're sick! ;D ;D

Jon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep theyre fine and im feelin tons better... I can be up and about but im a little tired out and if i walk i puff and wheeze ^,^

Sry I said you are immunized just cuz its one of those things most people are vaccinated for. Its part of the same vaccination as tetanus (spelling?). And you only get it as a baby usually but older people have gotten it recently... ya'll are nice people!

Im doing better and the fish are fine... cant wait to start building the stand for my 120 gallon which will be as soon as im better.

not4you

Valued Member
Reaction score
Jon said:
tetanus (spelling?)
you said anus ;D

glad to see you back Jon, hope you're feelin' better!

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow! You get better Jon!

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
0morrokh said:
vin said:
True, but actually the vaccinations don't always work.  I've you get the shot, you can still get whooping cough, just not as likely.  I know this cause we had an outbreak at my school too.

It's not like a flu shot.......

The vaccinations are called DTaP.- (Diptheria, Tetanus and Acellular Pertussis) and are actually given over a series of 5 shots at 2, 4 and 6 months of age and two boosters given between ages 4-6. Additional boosters should be given at ages 15-17 as teens are the most at risk after infants....so if you haven't received your boosters at the recommended ages or if you've never gotten the intial boosters - which is highly doubtful in the US since you need them to attend school, then you could be more succeptible.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom