Ouch, but im back again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon, Mar 29, 2006.

1. JonWell Known MemberMember

hey guys i just got back from the hospital again... I went in on monday morning at 2AM cuz i was up all night barfing and coughing....

i went to the ER and they X-rayed my lungs and sayed it looked terrible (lots of pneumonia)... I stayed till today (wednesday) at 2ish and then came home...

got better and it turns out i only had pertussis (whooping cough) which is wierd because it doesnt explain all the pneumonia in my lungs... i g2g see a pulmonologist some time because ive had pneumonia b4 and they dont know why i got it so bad...

only good thing is Jefferson county called to tell me I cant go to school until monday cuz pertussis is really contagious and theres kind of an outbreak... usually people are immunized to it but for some reason now the immunization doesnt work...

thats it cya

2. vin

vinWell Known MemberMember

You're only immune if you've been vaccinated.

3. Isabella

IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Wishing you a quick recovery Jon! After all, who'll be taking care of your fishies if you're sick?

4. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

True, but actually the vaccinations don't always work. I've you get the shot, you can still get whooping cough, just not as likely. I know this cause we had an outbreak at my school too.

Oh yes, we all hope your fish will be fine! We wouldn't want something to happen to the fishies while you're sick! ;D ;D

5. OP
    OP
    J

JonWell Known MemberMember

Yep theyre fine and im feelin tons better... I can be up and about but im a little tired out and if i walk i puff and wheeze ^,^

Sry I said you are immunized just cuz its one of those things most people are vaccinated for. Its part of the same vaccination as tetanus (spelling?). And you only get it as a baby usually but older people have gotten it recently... ya'll are nice people!

Im doing better and the fish are fine... cant wait to start building the stand for my 120G which will be as soon as im better.

6. not4youValued MemberMember

you said anus ;D

glad to see you back Jon, hope you're feelin' better!

7. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Wow! You get better Jon!

8. vin

vinWell Known MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice