Otto's And Siamese Algae Eaters

B5ive

Reaction score
Was wondering if I can keep Otto's and SAE together with no problem? I have Otto's in one tank and they do such a killer job. I have another tank that I have some SAEs in and love the way those guys look but I have a diatom bloom and the SAEs do not touch the stuff but I heard the Otto's will. They both seem pretty peaceful and I would assume that they would hang together but I wanted to get some opinions. Thanks guys!!!

Jinx13

Reaction score
I don't know about compatibility but I can vouch for ottos and diatoms. A whole tank cleared in 48hrs I'm now trying to find out how to introduce more for them

Aquarium Josh

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
B5ive said:
Was wondering if I can keep Otto's and SAE together with no problem? I have Otto's in one tank and they do such a killer job. I have another tank that I have some SAEs in and love the way those guys look but I have a diatom bloom and the SAEs do not touch the stuff but I heard the Otto's will. They both seem pretty peaceful and I would assume that they would hang together but I wanted to get some opinions. Thanks guys!!!
I just started the hobby so I'm not sure but I have seen a lot of YouTube e videos where they had both in a tank and no problems

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
If you have a large enough tank, yes. Both species do best in a group of at least 6. SAEs can get up to 6 inches long.

OP
B5ive

B5ive

Reaction score
Thanks! I was assuming so but wanted to make sure.

OP
B5ive

B5ive

Reaction score
Thanks!! This one is only 20g. For the size I think I will stick with the Otto's.

New Threads