Otto's And Siamese Algae Eaters

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by B5ive, Apr 14, 2017.

1. B5ive

B5ive New Member Member

Was wondering if I can keep Otto's and SAE together with no problem? I have Otto's in one tank and they do such a killer job. I have another tank that I have some SAEs in and love the way those guys look but I have a diatom bloom and the SAEs do not touch the stuff but I heard the Otto's will. They both seem pretty peaceful and I would assume that they would hang together but I wanted to get some opinions. Thanks guys!!!

2. J

Jinx13 New Member Member

I don't know about compatibility but I can vouch for ottos and diatoms. A whole tank cleared in 48hrs I'm now trying to find out how to introduce more for them

3. A

Aquarium Josh Valued Member Member

I just started the hobby so I'm not sure but I have seen a lot of YouTube e videos where they had both in a tank and no problems

4. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

I think they'll be fine in the same tank

5. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

If you have a large enough tank, yes. Both species do best in a group of at least 6. SAEs can get up to 6 inches long.

6. OP
    OP
    B5ive

B5ive New Member Member

Thanks! I was assuming so but wanted to make sure.

7. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!
    What size tank?

8. OP
    OP
    B5ive

B5ive New Member Member

Thanks!! This one is only 20g. For the size I think I will stick with the Otto's.

9. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah, 20 gallon is too small for SAEs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice