Ottos/algea

Derek2408

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Couple months ago I had quite a bit of brown Algea growing on a big Anubias plant. They’re big broad green leaves , so the brown algae in then really bothered me. got a few ottos and literally overnight they cleaned it right up.
It’s back now , and for whatever reason the ottos haven’t eaten it ??? Wonder why ? There isn’t really much algae elsewhere in the tank and I haven’t been supplementing with wafers or anything

MacZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There must be another food source or a higher quality food source in the tank then otherwise they wouldn't miss that.

OP
Derek2408

Derek2408

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
MacZ said:
There must be another food source or a higher quality food source in the tank then otherwise they wouldn't miss that.
I have a bunch of jungle Val , they’re always hanging out in it , but I don’t see really any algea. Who knows

Convoluted77

Reaction score
If the otos are healthy and have full tummies then they just probably are munching on something else atm.I always worry about mine since I don't have much visible algae but they are always active and have beer bellies.Maybe add 1 or 2 more if your tank allows for it.They love buddies

New Threads