Otto bleeding? Help 

DarkRider7th

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I just recently got 4 otto's about a week ago for my 29 gallon & today I noticed one looks like he has internal bleeding around his mouth, so now i'm very worried about him.

My readings are fine, all of my other fish are doing well..
What could have caused this? & what should I do?

UPDATE: Looks like he was attacked, he has a couple of wounds on his head.. I don't think he's gonna make it :'(

iloveengl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh my! Do you think it was the gourami who attacked him? The others definitely are not at all aggressive fish. Can you put him in a quarantine tank or even a breeder box to help keep him from being attacked or bothered? Maybe he can recover with some peace and quiet.

DarkRider7th

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well looks like he is acting better, right now he's grazing on some algae like nothing is wrong. The only breeder box I have is currently in use by a fry & with it being cold I can't use my 5 gallon because it has no heater.

I have no idea who attacked it, might be the pearl since she has developed quite the mean streak lately...

I'll keep a eye on him & hopefully he will recover. I just gotta figure out what to do with miss mean pearl.. (I thought they were good comunnity fish?)

LetMinnow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I once had a chinese algae eater (given to me by mistake, long story.) and it also had internal bleeding. Maybe it has something to do with the position of their mouths and how they use them compared to other fish.
Most fish shops will take back the fish you do not want. Maybe miss mean pearl would like to take a trip there?

DarkRider7th

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The problem is I love my pearl & I had to have her special ordered.
I might be getting a bigger tank here in a few months so hopefully everybody can stay alive till then :/

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom