Oto's or CAE's?

Gamer
I could have sworn these were oto's. None were over 2inches but after looking closer I fear I may have gone out and bought a lot of CAE's! Can anyone confirm which of the two these are?

TFA101
Those are chinese algae eaters. Do you have a back-up plan?

Gamer
Those are chinese algae eaters. Do you have a back-up plan?

My only backup plan is to let them have the 55 with the cories, rasboras and now serpaes...for now.

I've removed the two juvenile angels so they cannot leech onto them and suck their scales and I am letting them have my 29 gal sanded tank with only 2 dojo loaches and kuhlI loaches right now.

If the CAE's get too big then have no idea what I'll do with them then.

I might want to add dwarf gouramis to my 55 though does anyone know if CAE's are okay with gouramis???

TFA101
you got these recently right? can you return them to the pet store?

Gamer
I'll call the pet store but man will it be tough to catch them all.

King_Snuggles
sorry to go off topic but how are the Kuhli's with the angles?

Gamer
sorry to go off topic but how are the Kuhli's with the angles?

Good. My angels aren't aggressive toward them at all.

Some good news. I had to remove some of the plants as well as the decor for a few minutes but then I was able to get all the CAE's out. Right now they're in my 20 gallon with the tigers and zebras.

So I can put the angels back in there I suppose.

Gamer
I returned half of them. The other half are still in my 20 gal and I moved the pleco to the 55. I'm STILL in search of oto's.

TFA101
I hate to say it, but petco and petsmart actually have some pretty good looking otos. They're healthy and full, and in almost every tank.

Petstoreguy
I hate to say it, but petco and petsmart actually have some pretty good looking otos. They're healthy and full, and in almost every tank.

The big chain stores aren't necessarily bad. I work for one of them and take very good care of the fish, I also care about who I sell fish to. Almost everyday I find myself educating people on the nitrogen cycle or turning down a sale because of a lack of knowledge/tank size. I've been in several other chain stores with people who had no idea what they were talking about, it all comes down to the individual store and the people who work there.

TFA101
sorry, just in general, the chain stores I've been to have all the newbies or just the nimrods (no offense). Probably 3 out of every 5 petstores I go to have a majority of employees who need assistance. Sometimes, my friend and I just ask questions we already know to see if their knowledge is promising. But yeah, I don't mean to be rude, its just that's what I experience in pet stores.

Petstoreguy
No offense taken at all. I just wanted to point out that there are some of us out there that care/know what we're doing. I have people working with me that give bad advice and I correct them every chance I get. I guess it comes down to finding people you can trust, who know what they're talking about no matter where they work. I've had similar experiences at LFS. One guy in Cali. sold sick/dying fish and was a complete a** about it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
LeahsTank
Replies
Views
Cheesewoman
Replies
Views
Dechi
Replies
Views