otos okay in a tank with no algae?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
so... my planted tank somehow has no algae (not yet anyways) and i was wondering if ottos would be okay? i mean, i'll feed them veggie wafers since thats what i have for my snails, but i know they like sucking stuff off the glass and everything. i was also going to get amano shrimp so even if i start getting algae, there won't be very much for the ottos!

alink

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Feed them fresh veggies several times per week, they wont touch algae/veggie wafers, at least the ones I have dont. You could also consider upgrading your light system or longer photo periods. Both will have potential to increase algae growth to feed the Otos.

OP
kidster9700

kidster9700

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Feed them fresh veggies several times per week, they wont touch algae/veggie wafers, at least the ones I have dont. You could also consider upgrading your light system or longer photo periods. Both will have potential to increase algae growth to feed the Otos.
I will be upgrading my lighting in just a few days. And I'm already feeding zucchini to my snails so it sounds like ottos will be a great addition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom