Oto's everywhere

1. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

As you probably know my Oto's are spawning regularly & I now have around 30 fry of various ages plus 8 adults.
    The tank they're in also houses a number of corys & rasboras so I'm going to be overstocked very soon.
    I'm thinking of setting up another 30 gallon & moving the corys & rasboras over & leaving the Oto's where they are as they're a nightmare to catch.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has ever done an Oto only tank or would it be too boring without a dither fish of some sort? thoughts please.

2. shayla1 Well Known Member Member

I've never tried an oto only tank but it could be quite interesting. I would go with trying it out and see what you think. If you decide it's too boring, then you could always look into some fish that will cohabitate peacefully with them. I have otos in with my Sparkling Gouramis and they seem to make the gouramis more relaxed.

3. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Ooh sparkling gouramis! I'm always recommending those for small tanks, I could have a largish group, good idea thank you.

4. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Where do you get sparkling gouramis?

5. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I know of a couple of Lfs that have them regularly so wouldn't be a probem when I'm ready for them

6. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I wish mine had those.

7. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

You could ask if they'd order them in for you, some Lfs will especially independants

8. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

You could get them online.x

9. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh, thanks.