Otos are amusing

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got 2 otos for my 10 gallon aquarium because the aquarium glass and plants are overrun by brown algae. I finally released them from the bag and they immediately went to the aquarium glass and started eating the algae. Do you think they were starving or do they like algae that much?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They usually are constantly eating and yes they could be very hungrary. Congratulations.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Eating is a good sign. The conditions they are subjected to when caught can weaken them to where they never start back to eat and so die.Healthy ones seem to graze all the time
Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They could have really been hungry but YES they do LOVE that algae very much. Have fun watching them, they are so cute.

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on you Otto cat's. They are great to watch. I love Burt & Ernie. They are so much. I hope you enjoy yours as well as I enjoy mine. Natalie

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love otos and corys so much that I wish I could have a whole tank devoted to them. But that's not possible. Those guys practically cleaned half of the algae iin 3 hours.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I know what you mean. They are so cute and fun to watch. I am considering making my 20 an Oto and Cory tank.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you feed them it's possible.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom