Oto scrapped himself on coconut

1. Lyfeoffishing Well Known Member Member

Okay so today while watching my tank I seen a Oto swim into my coconut cave and on his way out he scrapped his head/back. I don't know what to do he is swimming around the tank fine and is still eating algae off my wisteria leaves but should I be worried?

Here's some pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is there anything I should do besides keeping my water clean?

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Just keep an eye on him, my Oto's scrape themselves sometimes but heal quite quicky if you keep the water pristine

3. Lyfeoffishing Well Known Member Member

Oh yeah water my parameters are

0 ammo
    0 nitrites
    5-10 nitrates
    PH 7.6
    Temp 80-81F

Thanks for your response should I be worried about treating with some kind of medicine for the scrape?

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I don't treat as Oto's can be sensitive to some meds so as long as the graze is showing no signs of infection it's best left to heal naturally.
    The temp is a little high for Oto's, if you can lower it a degree or two they'd appreciate it

5. Lyfeoffishing Well Known Member Member

Thanks ill keep a close eye on it for the next few days. And I was told the Otos should be fine in 80F (was between them a britle nose plec). Temp is that high because I will be getting german blue rams in a few months.

6. Lyfeoffishing Well Known Member Member

I'm glad to announce it is starting to clear up.

[​IMG]

7. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

That's good to hear, sometimes all you need is good water & food & they heal well :)