Oto not eating wafers

Discussion in 'Otocinclus' started by Skadunkadunk, Apr 26, 2006.

1. SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

I just bought my oto algae wafers, but whenever I put them in, the oto doesn't eat them. I try to put it near the oto, but he still doesn't find it. Is there any way I can attract him to it?

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

He may be getting enough cleaning your tank. Also you could try dropping it in after lights put. If you have just the one bottom feeder just drop a piece of wafer in so it all gets eaten. I very rarely see my oto eat either but he's rather chubby, my tank is clean and the piece of wafer i feed him about every other day is gone the next morning. You may be feeding too much, too often . Their stomach is about the size of their eye.
    Carol

3. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

He will eat if he needs to. There is probably enough algae in the tank. Or he may just be waiting for it to get nice and soft. Don't worry, an Oto won't starve himself.
    Also, Otos are shoaling fish and need to be kept in groups of 3 or more.

4. inariWell Known MemberMember

oops i guess i might go get two more then i only bought one
    :-[

5. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

I have 2 in one tank and 3 in the other. They just need company. I would only get one more if I were you, your tank is getting full and you don't want to annoy Inari by crowding him.

Rose
    :)

6. inariWell Known MemberMember

well Inari is Inari he gets annoyed by me not sitting at my desk so 1 more shouldn't be any different :)

7. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Now Bettas are supposed to be spoiled little babies, so his behavior is really quite normal for a little Betta boy.

Rose
    :D

8. inariWell Known MemberMember

yeah i know it is it was funny when ever i add some one new to the tank the has to check out the bag and then lets them make themselves at home b4 he starts chasing them around the tank tho the cories i think love it lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice