Others Input Wanted

1. MC4RKiller

MC4RKiller Valued Member Member

I am rounding out my fish room....and fully committing to my collectoritis of SA/CA cichlids....the issue is I have quite a bit of what I have always wanted(of course there is always more). I have an empty 40B, an empty 4ft 50G, and possibly another empty 40B. The possibly empty 40B stems from my thoughts to add my Lyonsi cichlid into the tank with my Synspilum; but for now lets plan on 1 vacant 40B and 1 vacant 4ft 50G(same dimensions as 55 just shorter).

Fish I already have:
    Oscar, Jaguar, Siquia, Severum, Rainbow Cichlids, Firemouths, Green Terror, Synspilum, Midas, Black Belt, EB Acara.

Obviously I wont want anymore of those :) Each of my empty tanks I only want 1 fish per tank...to be wetpet/show specimens. I do all of my fish purchasing online and can source gender specific fish as well to help with size requirements. With that said what would you folks keep (SA/CA cichlid) in those tanks?

I am comfortable putting a potentially 10" fish in either the 40B or 4ft 50G given my WC schedule, filtration, and the fact is will be 100% alone. Before folks yell...I have a 9" female midas in a 36x16" tank who is very adequately housed and by all accounts a very "happy" fish.

2. toolman

toolman Well Known Member Member

I would be absolutely no help, but excitedly following along!

3. OP
    OP
    MC4RKiller

MC4RKiller Valued Member Member

Thanks! My methods of keeping fish is not the norm I suppose....they are treated like show pieces instead of community critters.

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

What about salvini cichlids?