Help Other Tank Builds

Antonian

Valued Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone on here that has interest in other builds suck as terrariums etc. I recently got a kick to own a tree frog and wanted to build a decent set up first.
IMG_1141.JPG

MoshJosh

Valued Member
Reaction score
I’m definitely interested in terrarium/repterium/paludarium builds (probably spelled some of that wrong). Been watching serpadesigns and snake discovery on YouTube recently and been itching to make something. Really wanted to do an arid sand boa terrarium. . . my wife was not thrilled about a snake in the house. . . so ill be sticking to fish for now.

Antonian

Valued Member
Reaction score
I’m definitely interested in terrarium/repterium/paludarium builds (probably spelled some of that wrong). Been watching serpadesigns and snake discovery on YouTube recently and been itching to make something. Really wanted to do an arid sand boa terrarium. . . my wife was not thrilled about a snake in the house. . . so ill be sticking to fish for now.
I returned the above setup because it leaked and the second one had a broken handle! I ended up with a 18x18x24 exo Terra and have been collecting supplies slowly tho I have to say I’m almost $300 into it and wish I could have it done.

58896418319__B5B2FD29-23F9-4238-86B2-DA43F4C0DDD5.JPG

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice !
I made a paladarium ? that only has fish in it still out of a 75g..
It is still waiting for me to have more time !

Fishcat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Really wanted to do an arid sand boa terrarium.
A sand boa is exactly what I would like to have. Very cool snakes (and the difference between the males and the females is pretty funny). But the husband is not in favor of snakes, even extremely inoffensive ones like sand boas.
I have spent some time daydreaming paludarium and vivarium designs. I just like the idea of these little self-contained worlds, and it would allow for a wider range of plant options than a three-cat household usually does.

MoshJosh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah for me I have lots of trouble collecting supplies slowly, I usually end up buy everything all at once haha, then I end up with a huge bill. . .

But still the enclosure looks awesome. Gonna do a water feature/waterfall? I love the terrariums that incorporate nano fish or shrimp.

Antonian

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah for me I have lots of trouble collecting supplies slowly, I usually end up buy everything all at once haha, then I end up with a huge bill. . .

But still the enclosure looks awesome. Gonna do a water feature/waterfall? I love the terrariums that incorporate nano fish or shrimp.
I have been working on the water feature all week. I found a couple pieces of wood that meet up nicely and drilled a small hole in one to run a tube into. Hopefully the water will flow down like a water fall the first attempt sent a stream and f water across my home. Definitely need a smaller pump so I probably will do that tonight.
IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_1168.JPG
IMG_1169.jpg

Antonian

Valued Member
Reaction score
Nice !
I made a paladarium ? that only has fish in it still out of a 75g..
It is still waiting for me to have more time !
The 75g you mentioned has me thinking maybe I’ll turn this old tank I have into something different.
IMG_1114.JPG

Antonian

Valued Member
Reaction score
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1189.JPG
IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1187.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1186.JPG
went to a reptile show and loaded up on everything needed to finish the build! Definitely was hard not to walk out with a new pet.

Antonian

Valued Member
Reaction score
Really dig the weird green bark tree thing, it’s super interesting looking.
Thanks! I paid the same price for the little piece as I did the big green one with moss all over it. For supplies reptile shows definitely save you money and time hunting these things down.

Antonian

Valued Member
Reaction score
IMG_1201.JPG
my first frog was randomly given to me by someone looking to get rid of her and heard I was building a tank. This is just a common green tree frog and not the species I was planning on keeping but for now how could I say no to that face!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom