Other loach photos

armadillo

Please use this topic to post your other Loach photos (i.e. species that do not have their own sub-forum). I'll leave it stickied so it appears at the top of the posts.

Please use your own photos, and not material from the internet.

Please post your photos as attachments, rather than links.

While your compliments on the photos are really appreciated, text-only posts will be removed after a while to keep the gallery pictures-only. If there is a discussion you do not want to loose, please start it again in a separate thread.

Thanks,
Armadillo

My 5 brand new dwarf loaches. They live in my 29G.

I bought them so they could eat my snail and so far it's snails 1 - loaches 0. They haven't as much as LOOKED at the snails. The first picture actually has a snail in the shot which they are, of course, blissfully ignoring.

And this just about blew my mind. The loaches are schooling with ... the otos. It's really fab to watch. Very difficult to get a good shot of it, so I've only got two half-decent pictures of this behaviour.

Here's more of my dwarf loaches. It's really funny to watch them 'school' with anything that moves. They've taken up to schooling with my mollies now.

Oh, and on the first two pictures, on the fake starfish, that's one of their snail victims. Hurray! Snail infestation over!!!

And here's one of the loaches playing in their favorite floating plant.

OK, then. Feeling lonely here. Carol? Got any good pix of other loaches pictures?

Anyways, here's some more of my dwarf loaches schooling with my otos.

EDIT: broken links have been removed

Butterfly

armadillo said:
OK, then. Feeling lonely here. Carol? Got any good pix of other loaches pictures?
You know better than to ask
1) First is a not real good picture of Botia kubotaI (commonly called Angelicus Loaches)
2 & 3)
Botia striata (commonly called zebra Loaches)
4 & 5)
Beaufortia kweichowensis just one kind of Hillstream Loaches

And last but not least "The Brat Pack" Yasuhikotakia morletI ( commonly known as Skunk loaches) Skunks wrestle and chase each other and aren't good tank mates for most fish. but in a species tank I love them.
1) is when I first got them 2 yrs ago so tiny snails were a challenge.
2 & 3) they were about a year old.

Aldric

Just thought I would share a pic or 2 of my new loaches ( I thought at first they were some sort of strange plec )

Toddnbecka

I just picked up 5 new kubotaI at the lfs Saturday. I've never seen them available locally, but they came along with the yoyo's in a recent shipment. Best part was, they were the same price, $3.99 each. I paid twice that plus shipping for the first group of 5. I was hoping they'd encourage the larger ones to come out more often, but so far it isn't working. At least the new ones are more active/visible, though that may change after they settle in. The new arrivals are just a bit more than half the size of the older group, hardly showing any spots yet. I like they way they become more attractively patterned as they grow, just wish I saw them more often. Here's a couple pics of the new arrivals.
Hoping for leftovers on the sponges:

391.jpg

Just chillin' on the driftwood:

393.jpg

allibobs

883.jpg

My Botia histrionica

Stuart42

Pictures of my Dwarf Chain Loaches

Six Sids swiftly swimming.

emmynk

429.jpg

430.jpg

431.jpg

Squeee

classicflava

Here's my sumo. Love this guy. So much personality

Sent from my QMV7A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

fish time

Popcorn my dojo loach and smokey my kuliI loach
e92b4dffc92499f23758b90f3df3ee6f.jpg

25d15159ed0c293f219aafdb8892aa60.jpg

Brad Pervell

Here is Dyson and Kirby with two guys who haven't grown yet.
Why do they sometimes stay verticle? Any ideas?

Basil

812B9F3E-15C3-4D6F-80EC-16BD02F4013A.jpeg
Botia dario

Brad Pervell

My last picture of Kirby & Dyson together. Kirby past a few weeks ago. Not sure why. Her ( I'm guessI g) stomach was very bloated. I sad for Dyson his swimming partner is gone. They were about 7 inches long in a 55 gal tank

CHJ

So I heard you like sumos.

Wish me luck447.jpg

How about those sumos..

A201

A few of my Red Tail Botia Loaches taking a break.
20200117_223056.jpg

The2dCour

3 Sumos added to my 40g, they need names though.

SumoWarrior2.jpg

SumoWarrior.jpg

SumoWarrior2.jpg

CHJ

one of my new Red Tailed Squirrel loaches. Hopefully they teach me to properly spell "Squirrel".

red tail squirrl loach.jpg

CHJ

Well many small pond snail have perished to make it happen but I think one of my Red Tailed Squirrel girls is egged up.

loach01.jpg

My god I'm bad at photos.

Latest threads

Top Bottom