Other Hobbys? Question

1. Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

What other hobbys do you have if any. I ride my motorcycle as much as i can in the summer time. a lot of the time its to not so LFS....lol :;dete

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Hobbies. What are those? Just kiddin ya. Animals are my hobby. We have dogs so we go to the dog park, we have birds and a guinea pig, so when I'm not helping my daughter with homework, I'm usually getting some quality bonding time with one of our creatures (or a tankful).

Does reading qualify as a hobby if a bird is reading with you? Teehee:)

3. GMCMaxx Member Member

Aside from my two daughters. (3yo and 9mo) I spend a lot of my time working on my truck, as my name implies "GMC MaXx". I'll dump money in the fish tank for awhile, then I'll dump it in the truck, then back to the tank again. It's an endless cycle really.

4. steed1172 Well Known Member Member

i've put my hands in a whole lot of hobbys, ive tried wood burning, which was very fun... 'till i got impatient and didn't wait for tip to cool before changing... don't do that! it ruins it.. helped mom make jewelry one year for Christmas(and this year.. shhh)as bolivian said animals, and they are life long commitments (yours or theirs). wood carving, being outside can be a sport and a hobby if you enjoy it, camping, hiking, fishing(not for your tropicals please!) what ever you enjoy do it! make a slot in your day for it, or once a week.
    EDIT: ohhh.... what about breeding critters? fish!! or snails!! or.....uhhh turtles!!! idk but that could be cool..

it really depends on what your looking for if your looking for something you "have" to tend to every day, or something like a puzzle, you come back to it when you have the time, or have time to kill, some hobbys take no time other take lots of time.

5. gremlin Well Known Member Member

Things that I enjoy to do:

Reading, crochet, embroidery/needlework (especially counted cross stitch), painting, jigsaw puzzles, animals (dogs, birds, fish), baking/cooking, knitting ( a little bit), latch hook, loom knitting, drawing, camping (but I can't do it so much anymore), fishing (catch & release is fine - the fun is in the fight), a bunch of other crafty type stuff that I just sort of do (making little cabins out of pieces of bark for a potted plant, coming up with crafts for the cub scouts to do), making candles or wax sculptures, bonsai, making scenes with plants and stuff so it looks like a cabin in the woods, oh - and starting fires.

6. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

i love to read, but nothing serious. the junkier the reading, the more i like it (i even loved reading the twilight saga). fiction is a requirement.

i read police reports and witness statements all day long for a living. on really serious cases. blech.

so my recreational reading has to be mindless.

my new hobby, if this can be counted as one, is playing on my new ps3. i love it!

7. Sonfish Member Member

I like scuba , hunting fossils and artifacts, got all kinds of animals from dogs to horses a pig, had an American Bison for awhile, a Brahma bull, chickens, fish, got a Gekko, had a couple Chinchillas and a couple ferrets, and open to new ideas all the time, anything that doesnt have to do with being in the house basically lol

8. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning. I collect Tom Clark/Tim Wolfe Gnomes.
    I'm also a pianist and love playing on my Baby Grand.
    Ken

9. platy ben Well Known Member Member

I enjoy long distance running and I am a keen badminton player :)
    I also enjoy fishing :)

10. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

reading is more of an obsession then a hobby, writing, and horse backing riding when it's -10*c or above :p

11. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Well my other hobbies wow too many to list but I grow Orchids. Everybody I talk to they seen to have a hard time with them the big issue with them is temperature. My other hobby is getting my hands dirty in cabinet making and house improvements.

12. click Well Known Member Member

I love animals. Sadly, the only animals I can keep right now are fish, since I'm not home most of the day. I would love to get a dog but I cannot be selfish and get a dog that would spend 10-11/day hrs alone in the house, I don't think that would be fair. Maybe when I'll get a job closer to home which will not require 2-3 hrs of comuting/day I will have enough time for one.

So since my animal hobby is on minimun now, in the summer I love to take care of the garden. Winter and other spare time I like relaxing in front of my computer, either playing games (fps, mmorg etc) or reading a lot about pretty much everything.

I also love going to the movies at least 2-3 times/month. SF/ adventure movies are my favs. Last night I went to se Avatar and it was amazing. All nature and SF lovers should see that movie.

13. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Hobbies? Is that what they're called? I like that much better than the "obsessions" of which I've been accused. LOL

Dog Training - although with three big dogs (60, 65 and 70lbs) it could be argued training is more of a necessity than hobby. But I sooo enjoy the interaction and bonding.

The fishie kids of course. Four betta boys. MTS has bitten. Four tanks now, one (5g) will have only red cherry shrimp.

Cast iron collecting (Griswold and limited older Wagner) and by extension, cast iron cooking.

4 Wheeling - specifically Toyota, and even more specifically Toyota FJ Cruiser (on my wish list)

Reading - light fiction since work related reading tends to be pretty heavy.

And work... while it's not a hobby I truly love my job!

Edit: Wow! I'm a lucky gal all the way around!

14. Minnow Well Known Member Member

I ride horses, and I also love to read and draw. I learned to knit a few years back, but I've only made a scarf or two. Lately I've tried my hand at sewing-- I'm nearly done making a toy camel from an old pair of riding pants. It's taken a while, since I'm sewing by hand. I've also carved a couple Harry Potter wands for myself and my little brother (so we can have wizard duels! XD), and I'm taking a Sculpture class at school, so I've made a few small pots and statues and such.

15. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Minnow-did you draw that fox in your signature? It's very nice.

16. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

Seems everyone here is quite active outside which makes my hobby of Xbox 360 sound pretty lazy. At least the dogs support my hobby since they like to lay against me on the couch.

I did do Nitro R/C for a bit but sold the stadium truck I had as I really wanted to step up to the monster trucks but I just never got around to getting one. Oh, when I was a kid/teenager I did model rockets. I actually still have most of them at my parents' place.

17. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Well, currently for the winter it is just my fish. I also do watercolor painting (having a show on Jan 16). Lapidary work...love cutting gemstones. I used to raise Orchids...moved here with 255 different kinds but am now at 3...the best!!! Someday after winning Lottery I will have greenhouse again. Bird watching and photo's of them all.

18. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

my hobbies include eating, sleeping, staring at and keeping fish,and i am trying to get a model plane as soon as it warms up so i can start flying again, and moutain biking and road biking

19. Minnow Well Known Member Member

Yes, I drew him over the summer. Thanks!

20. Beeker Well Known Member Member

I love animals but, like click, I don't have the time for a dog so I can only have fish. I have spent a lot of time this past summer studying bugs and gardening. I enjoy reading, mainly non-fiction and mostly religious studies, like the lives of the saints and Catholic doctrine. I love meteorology and am now starting to look more into climatology. I used to study natural medicine and am still interested in that. I enjoy logic puzzles, music, such as jazz and classical, I enjoy needlepoint and counted cross-stitch, and I wish I had more time to cook. I like to experiment with cooking.