other hobby

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brokenwing, Apr 3, 2010.

1. b

brokenwing Well Known Member Member

Besides being addicted to fishkeeping, I have another hobby. I have a passion for BBQ. I have 3 smokers, and for easter ham, and bbq brisket is on the way. Here are some pics of the brisket cut up and brined before i put it in the smoker.

Attached Files:

2. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

I ride my Motorcycle

3. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

;) What time is dinner? lol

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Yum yum! :)

I'll have seconds too :)

Ken

5. B

Borisbbadd Guest

Me too !!!

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

He doesn't have his location listed I think he's afraid we might raid the BBQ :)
    Carol

7. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I'm on my way!!!!:p

8. REDKAHUNA

REDKAHUNA Valued Member Member

My other hobby is breathing thats about all there is time for.

9. OP
    OP
    b

Hey everyone Im in MD Dinner is tommorow at 12 I will post pics tonight once I get the smoker going Lol. Smoked Ham and Smoked Brisket, cant beat it lol.

10. B

Borisbbadd Guest

That's too far from Utah, I guess I'll just have to drool over the pictures.........:anim_63:

11. OP
    OP
    b

:;laughing

12. OP
    OP
    b

I just took the brisket out of the brine. I Injected it with apple juice, and rubbed it down with a hickory rub. It will be going in the smoker tonight at 8. I did not check with the mods, I guess it is okay to deviate from fish keeping to share my other hobby with you all. Hope you all enjoy, and more pics to come. thanks everyone.

Attached Files:

13. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

YummO! I might hope on a planes and fly out there! Lol

14. REDKAHUNA

REDKAHUNA Valued Member Member

I am in Glen burnie area, where are you?

15. OP
    OP
    b

Red i live in northern carroll county. I was actually going to pm you. I was talking to Harpua yesterday about pgmy cories. I have looked everywhere, the only site that has them wants 70 dollars for shipping 5 cories.

16. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

omg I love the bbq obsession!!! I want one of those smokers sooo bad.....I have a buddy who built one out of an old oil drum and ppl hire him out to do pig roast and bbq feasts :) mmmmmm mmmm good!

17. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

:drool:
    That's a hobby I'd be happy to support!

My other hobby?... My horses :p

18. OP
    OP
    b

Shawnie that is so cool. Well more pics as promised. I got the brisket in the smoker. Time for a long night about 12 to 14 hours to cook it. Tommorow morning I will put the ham in. Im doing a Hickory rubbed honey ham. So I will post some more pics of that. Here is the brisket smoking.

Attached Files:

19. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

My other hobbies are doing up cars, hunting & fishing. In that order. Pretty partial to cooking on the BBQ myself. Though I do prefer bbq seafood. Honey, chilli & garlic squid or Barramundi cooked in white wine with orange sauce. YUMMO!!

20. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Yes you are fine posting that in this forum :) except you are starving me to death!
    Your recipe sounds really good. You could post it for us in it's entirety in the random food thread :) https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/general-discussion/25422-random-food-thread.html

Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice