other hobby

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Besides being addicted to fishkeeping, I have another hobby. I have a passion for BBQ. I have 3 smokers, and for easter ham, and bbq brisket is on the way. Here are some pics of the brisket cut up and brined before i put it in the smoker.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Besides being addicted to fishkeeping, I have another hobby. I have a passion for BBQ. I have 3 smokers, and for easter ham, and bbq brisket is on the way. Here are some pics of the brisket cut up and brined before i put it in the smoker.
What time is dinner? lol

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He doesn't have his location listed I think he's afraid we might raid the BBQ
Carol

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hey everyone Im in MD Dinner is tommorow at 12 I will post pics tonight once I get the smoker going Lol. Smoked Ham and Smoked Brisket, cant beat it lol.

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I just took the brisket out of the brine. I Injected it with apple juice, and rubbed it down with a hickory rub. It will be going in the smoker tonight at 8. I did not check with the mods, I guess it is okay to deviate from fish keeping to share my other hobby with you all. Hope you all enjoy, and more pics to come. thanks everyone.

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Red i live in northern carroll county. I was actually going to pm you. I was talking to Harpua yesterday about pgmy cories. I have looked everywhere, the only site that has them wants 70 dollars for shipping 5 cories.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
omg I love the bbq obsession!!! I want one of those smokers sooo bad.....I have a buddy who built one out of an old oil drum and ppl hire him out to do pig roast and bbq feasts mmmmmm mmmm good!

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
:drool:
That's a hobby I'd be happy to support!

My other hobby?... My horses

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Shawnie that is so cool. Well more pics as promised. I got the brisket in the smoker. Time for a long night about 12 to 14 hours to cook it. Tommorow morning I will put the ham in. Im doing a Hickory rubbed honey ham. So I will post some more pics of that. Here is the brisket smoking.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My other hobbies are doing up cars, hunting & fishing. In that order. Pretty partial to cooking on the BBQ myself. Though I do prefer bbq seafood. Honey, chilli & garlic squid or Barramundi cooked in white wine with orange sauce. YUMMO!!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just took the brisket out of the brine. I Injected it with apple juice, and rubbed it down with a hickory rub. It will be going in the smoker tonight at 8. I did not check with the mods, I guess it is okay to deviate from fish keeping to share my other hobby with you all. Hope you all enjoy, and more pics to come. thanks everyone.
Yes you are fine posting that in this forum except you are starving me to death!
Your recipe sounds really good. You could post it for us in it's entirety in the random food thread

Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom