Other fish eating pleco food

nj278

Hi, I know there are lots of posts on here about this topic, however I feel that I have tried everything and I am just hoping that someone has a wonderful idea to share.

I've got three L183 (starlight) plecos in my 65 gallon, along with community fish including tetras, SAE, angelfish, bolivian rams, and corys. I rarely see the plecos (as expected), and feed them after I have turned the lights off to hopefully ensure that they get some of their wafers, however as soon as I drop them in the corys are all over them! The same happens in my bedroom tank, which has a betta, 4 sterbais, and a L183 (the smaller one as I thought I'd give her some special treatment). How can I get my corys to stop eating the plecos food?!

I am feeding hikari algae wafers for the plecos, and then the others getting omega one flakes and shrimp pellets, or frozen food a couple of times a week. I've tried giving zucchini however only the SAE seem at all interested. Do I just keep trying that in hope that the plecos figure out its edible? I think their previous owner was only feeding wafers so they don't really know what to do with vegetables.

Thanks!

BigManAquatics

Tried feeding the cories their food when you feed the wafers? Also, maybe try a couple extra wafers to make sure. Sounds like they getting eaten, anyway.

DoubleDutch

Feed them more vegs (blanched / cooked) lettuce, caulyflowers, bell pepper, brussels sprouts, etc....). The other fish are more carnivorious then the BN.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question
Replies
Views
Lmg01
Replies
Views
Zabulon
Replies