More than 10 years
Sounds wonderful CWC!!! wheres my plate of left overs :-*
carol

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I enjoy cooking & baking myself... enough that I wrote software to manage the recipes (636 at the moment) and generate meal plans and shopping lists.

Great sounding dish there CWC - sauce should definitely be homemade.

Here's a recipe for one of my favorite candies:

Divinity
2 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

1. In a heavy, 2-quart saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, hot water and salt. Cook and stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil. Then cook without stirring to 260F. Frequently wipe crystals forming on sides of the pan, using a pastry brush dipped in water. Remove from heat.

2. Just as the syrup is reaching temperature, begin whipping egg whites: In a large glass or stainless steel mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Pour hot syrup in a thin stream over beaten egg whites, beating constantly with the electric mixer at medium speed. Increase speed to high, and continue beating for about 5 minutes. Add vanilla; continue beating until the mixture becomes stiff and begins to lose its gloss. If it is too stiff, add a few drops hot water. Fold in nuts, if desired.

3. Immediately drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. For a decorative flair, twirl the top with the spoon when dropping. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

bert2001

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love cooking, so much so that I dropped out of college halfway towards an engineering degree from Texas A&M to pursue my passion. After a few years as a chef at a four star resort here in San Antonio and not seeing the light at the end of tunnel there I was fortunate enough to be offered a position as Culinary Manager for another restaurant and have been in restaurant management ever since.

Now I don't cook as much at work as I used to I still come up with some stuff every now and then. I even tried out for and got two call backs for ****'s Kitchen last year. my signature dish would have been a Seared Dry Chili Rubbed Ribeye with a Smoked Poblano and Tomatillo cream sauce with Jalapeno-Jack Mashed Potatoes.

My family loves it and we don't eat out much. My wife doesn't see much sense in paying for something at a restaurant that I can make for them at myself.

SereneReyn

Valued Member
Reaction score
i have a really easy family recipe that's hugely popular at potlucks once you can get someone to try it... most people avoid spinach! this is comfort food in a big way... my husband loves it, btw and he typically hates spinach...

Spinach Casserole

3pkgs frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed thoroughly to drain.
16oz sour cream (light or fat free works fine)
1 envelope lipton onion soup mix

Topping: mixture of melted butter, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese (approximately 1stick-1c-1/3c ratio, or to taste)

mix the first 3 ingredients well, and spread in a small casserole dish. mix topping and spread over the spinach mixture. bake in a preheated oven at 350 for about 30 min or until browned.

Trio123

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love cooking, especially experimenting... sometimes it turns out bad but when it turns out good it's great to see the expressions when you answer, "I just threw in stuff", when asked what's in it. My best stuff is when I take the basics from a recipe and go crazy with it... I made a wild berry pie (mostly wine berries and blue berries) that was to die for this way But I also made a curry that was not fit for a starving dog Anyway Im gonna make a teriaki stir fry tomorrow for my sister, maybe I will post the recipe if it turns out good.

ps all these recipes sound great and are getting added to folder of scrap recipes

OzzyFan

Valued Member
Reaction score
I like boiling hot dogs, making sandwiches, microwaving leftovers, and going to McDonald's, hahaha.

I've recently advanced to making grilled cheese sandwiches, french toast, and frying smallmouth bass on a frying pan, but otherwise I don't know how to cook much. Not yet anyway.

angelfish220

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I LOVE to cook!! not little 'meals' But BIG extended family meals where everyone is there and you have to like quadruple the recipe. I also like walking into a kitchen not knowing what I an going to eat and just create a meal with whatever is in the fridge/cabinets. Then you get a different meal every time

All these people love to cook who loves the foodnetwork on tv? I am a food network addict, I watch Alton Brown and Paula Dean relentlessly!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yea, bring on thanksgiving! Love the food network. alton brown's my fav. show. I work in videography and love cooking, so his show's a natural hit for me. ;D

angelfish220 said:
I LOVE to cook!! not little 'meals' But BIG extended family meals where everyone is there and you have to like quadruple the recipe.

All these people love to cook who loves the foodnetwork on tv? I am a food network addict, I watch Alton Brown and Paula Dean relentlessly!

TheEssigs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I went to a pampered chef demo this past weekend, and the recipe the consultant made was awsome. It was a chicken enchilada ring. It was so easy to make, and really, really tasty. If you want the recipe, Ill post it. I ordered some cookbooks... I am hoping to find many tasty recipes in them... if I find any good ones, Ill be sure to post them for you guys.

I am going to to an online pampered chef show, so if anyone would like to browse the catalog (they will ship directly to you) PM me your email address and Ill send you an email invite.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sounds like a great recipe. Have you browsed allrecipes.com ? drool

neverendingninja

Valued Member
Reaction score
Food network was just in my town to film an episode of Dives, Dinners and Drive-Ins or whatever its called. They went to the place my sister works(The Gumbo Shack) and to another place called Panini Pete's. Pretty cool, but I don't get too worked up about that stuff. Anyway, keep an eye out for it

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
COBettaCouple said:
Sounds like a great recipe. Have you browsed allrecipes.com ? drool
I love that site! I've gotten some great recipes from there.

TheEssigs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
ok here is one of those pampered chef recipes...I made it today... if you like brie and spicy foods, you will love this....

Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie
20 min | 10 min prep

1/4 cup pecan halves, chopped
1-3 jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1-3 garlic clove, chopped
1 (4 inch) brie cheese, 4-inch round-room temp
1 French baguette, sliced
vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 425°F.

In small bowl combine peppers, apricot preserves & garlic. Cut the brie in half horizontally. Place one half of brie cut side up onto center of a large round stone. Spread half the apricot mixture on top. Top w/ half the pecans. Place remaining brie on top (cut side up). Spread remaining apricot mixture on top & top off w/ remaining pecans. Arrange the baguette slices around the brie. spray/brush w/ vegetable oil. Bake 8-10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown & Brie begins to soften. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom