Oscars need stress therapist!

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
I noticed some ich on my oscars! It must have been from the move from the pet store, I think they could have been a bit stressed from it. I have a pleco too and he seems fine, the oscars are acting normally, eating like pigs and begging a lot. The tank is fully cycled so thats not the problem, they were quarantined before put them in, so the only conclusion must be stress... Ive raised the temp to 85 and its day 2 now. What can I do to reduce their stress? ???

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
My camera is broken!!! I wanted to take photos last night but wasn't able to, ill try my best to post pics before Friday... Its in my lounge, against a wall, with a window, theres no direct sunlight on the tank and they get enough light during the day. It just makes me cross cos they were fine until I moved them, I was also wondering whether it could be because once again they have to sort out their hierarchy? being new territory and all...

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Day 4, One of the oscars - Pollo has completely cleared up and the other still the same - Bandit, Pollo is acting sick but has no spots and Bandit is fine and hes full of them. Could be that Bandit thinks theres nothing wrong with him cos he sees pollo is fine and Pollo thinks hes practically dying cos Bandit has lots of spots? hehe, Pleco is very healthy, His fins are always up and hes eating well. My Hifin shark seems really bored, he shouldnt be cos hes got so much space but he just swims up and down against the back glass panel through the bubbles - maybe hes playing? Pollo and Bandit eat well, Ive been giving them frozen bloodworms everyday and on a friday they get minced ox-heart and carrots and peas. They really like that. Pollo is smaller than bandit and is the same age, Im hoping shes female, she seems to hide a lot when Bandit is swimming around, hes a real bully and he bites her, but theres no damage to her at all she just hides away from him.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It sounds like she's stressed from the other oscar. There's not much you can do about that except to separate them. Sorry.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom