Oscars-different sizes together

Teenytiny

Hi all, I'm new here and hoping for some help please.
I have 2 Oscars in separate tanks at the moment. One is younger and smaller than the other. I have measured them both, one is 16.5cm long, the other is 11cm long.
I am buying a 600l tank for them both to go into, but can I put them together with such a size difference? I would introduce them both to the new tank at the same time so that neither feels like their territory is being invaded, as that is what I have read to do.
Advice will be gratefully received

86 ssinit

That’s not to great of a difference. It may work it may not. That’s a time will tell thing. Oscar’s usually are solo in the tank. But adding together will be the best way. Just watch and see how it goes.

BigManAquatics

At least the smaller one is a size not easily eaten by the other, so that is a definite plus. After that, pretty much comes down to personality.

PeterFishKeepin

i would say it should be fine, perhaps add the smaller oscar 30mins/1 hour before the bigger oscar just to give it a little time to settle in and that way the bigger one isnt so easily aggressive... what are their current personalities like which is more aggressive, when you feed which one chomps the food down 'harder'?? this will give you an idea of aggression issues so you know which you may want to add first?? perhaps the add one in first idea might not be so good im not sure got no experience with it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
!poogs!
  • Question
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
  • Question
Replies
Views
redmare