Oscars attacking arowana what to do

Joshuageorgejoseph

My Oscars are attacking my 8" arowana after i fed them feeder fish ....my pet store owner told i have to feed to arowana feeder fish there r four oscar all of them around 4.5 inches and one at 6" they r in a 55 gallon right now i will be moving them at the end of the month to 300 g tank what should I do with the Oscars or how to solve this

RayClem

They might do OK in a 300 gallon tank. Oscars are a type of cichlid and they are very territorial. Four oscars in a 55 gallon will attack most anything, especially when they are in a feeding frenzy with live feeder fish.

You might want to pick up a big plastic tub and use that to house the Arowana until your 300 gallon is ready. Introduce the arowana to the new tank first and alllow it to become established before adding the oscars. If you add the oscars first, they will establish their own territories and attack anything added to the tank afterwards.

Upvote 0

Joshuageorgejoseph

They might do OK in a 300 gallon tank. Oscars are a type of cichlid and they are very territorial. Four oscars in a 55 gallon will attack most anything, especially when they are in a feeding frenzy with live feeder fish.

You might want to pick up a big plastic tub and use that to house the Arowana until your 300 gallon is ready. Introduce the arowana to the new tank first and alllow it to become established before adding the oscars. If you add the oscars first, they will establish their own territories and attack anything added to the tank afterwards.
Yes i put two of the most agressive oscars in a 20 gallon tub the arowana looks a lil traumatized but otherwise the other two oscars r not attacking it and everything's fine

Thanks a lot u were a great help

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ulu
Replies
Views
Fae
Replies
Views
OscarHoya