Oscar with pop eye?

alex577

Hi, just wondering if any of you know whats wrong with my oscar. He seemed disinterested in food one day and I thought I noticed an enlarged bum and also bulging eyes. He's in a hosptial tank atm and am treating him with Dymax Endo Plex but doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Thanks
oscarSaturday.JPG

oscarecent.JPG

oscar recent2.JPG

AcornTheBetta

alex577 said:
Hi, just wondering if any of you know whats wrong with my oscar. He seemed disinterested in food one day and I thought I noticed an enlarged bum and also bulging eyes. He's in a hosptial tank atm and am treating him with Dymax Endo Plex but doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Thanks
oscarSaturday.JPG

oscarecent.JPG

oscar recent2.JPG
That looks to me like popeye. I hope he gets better!

alex577

Thanks for the reply. I may try epsom salts as a last resort as he seems bloated. Would it be safe to combine epsom salts with his current medication (Dymax Endo Plex)?

medicationNew.JPG

medback.JPG

AcornTheBetta

alex577 said:
Thanks for the reply. I may try epsom salts as a last resort as he seems bloated. Would it be safe to combine epsom salts with his current medication (Dymax Endo Plex)?

medicationNew.JPG

medback.JPG
I wouldn't combine medicines. Try fasting him for a few days.

alex577

Epsom salt is recommended to be used at one tablespoon/US 5 gallons of water for 3 days. Does this sound like an accurate dosage?

Top Bottom