Oscar White fin mark concerns

Darkside

Hello new here I've had my Oscar darkside for a while now he's in a 37g alone. He is about 6-8inches. My concern is that after doing a water change I noticed white markings on his bottom fins that I didn't notice before the water change I did tansfer him from the tank because I think I over feed him cause he has chunks of food all over the tank. I've gotten mixed answers on how much to feed him but my main concern is the markings. Any other feedback is welcome

Attachments

• IMG20220503090737.jpg
    IMG20220503090737.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG20220503090654.jpg
    IMG20220503090654.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG20220503090632.jpg
    IMG20220503090632.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 5

TClare

Except for the first photo it is difficult to see what marks are on the fins and what are on the glass. If you can get more photos someone might be able to identify what the issue is. Oscars are notoriously messy eaters and it will be difficult to maintain water quality in a 37g tank which is really much too small for him.

A201

Looks like tiny abrasions on the fins. The white coloration is likely a bit of fungus attached to the dead tissue.

Darkside

Looks like tiny abrasions on the fins. The white coloration is likely a bit of fungus attached to the dead tissue.
Hmm interesting what could I use to treat that? I've treated him for ich before but never dealt with fungle problems

A201

The fungus is usually a temporary problem. It only feeds on dead tissue. As the little cuts & nics heal, the fungus will disappear.
It's important to keep the water especially clean during the healing process.

Darkside

The fungus is usually a temporary problem. It only feeds on dead tissue. As the little cuts & nics heal, the fungus will disappear.
It's important to keep the water especially clean during the healing process.
Ok So water changes every few days? Correct? or more often then that?
Except for the first photo it is difficult to see what marks are on the fins and what are on the glass. If you can get more photos someone might be able to identify what the issue is. Oscars are notoriously messy eaters and it will be difficult to maintain water quality in a 37g tank which is really much too small for him.
He's not very photogenic tbh but I'll try and ya I no the 37 isn't big enough I have a 40 and a 55 set a side currently getting them cleaned and checking for leaks as it came from market place with most of the hood and such being broken but that's what you get for $40

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
Replies
Views
KanineKayal
  • Question
Replies
Views
CHanna
Replies