Oscar Tank (help From Experienced?)

Iluvfishies

Member
hiya! I have. Oscar in my 55 gallon fish tank alone. (Yes I will upgrade when he gets bigger for those who may say this) lol but I really like the idea of plants, but I don’t know anything about them. My setup consists of this:
55 gallon
Fluval 406
300 watt heater (80* at all times)
Fluval eco 36-48 led light
Decorations: clay pot, and dragon stone

My question is, is I’d really like to get plants or atlesst maybe even one plant? Floating, etc? But I need advice, I do know that Oscars like to uproot plants, but idk if moss is the same way, is plants even a good idea? Any advice or ideas???
Maybe even ideas just to give it more of a natural look???
 

SixThreeOh

Member
I'd try supergluing anubias to rocks/driftwood. My cichlids demolish plants, but anubias can take a beating.
 
  • Thread Starter

Iluvfishies

Member
SixThreeOh said:
I'd try supergluing anubias to rocks/driftwood. My cichlids demolish plants, but anubias can take a beating.
Do they take any special care? Etc?
 

Dawn Michele

Member
Welcome to fishlore!!! My Oscar Big Boy is ALWAYS rearranging his tank!!! LOL!!!! I have plastic plant's that are on a gravel base.
 
  • Thread Starter

Iluvfishies

Member
Dawn Michele said:
Welcome to fishlore!!! My Oscar Big Boy is ALWAYS rearranging his tank!!! LOL!!!! I have plastic plant's that are on a gravel base.
Thankyou and my Oscar isn’t to big yet, he’s pretty calm over all, but I’m guessing it’s mainly because of how small he is. I’d guess he is like 3 inches?
 

Dawn Michele

Member
Iluvfishies said:
Thankyou and my Oscar isn’t to big yet, he’s pretty calm over all, but I’m guessing it’s mainly because of how small he is. I’d guess he is like 3 inches?
He will be big before you know it!!! I got Big Boy when he was 4 inches and kept him in a 55. He now lives in a 125 and is around 14 inches!!! I just LOVE him!!!
 

SixThreeOh

Member
Iluvfishies said:
Do they take any special care? Etc?
No, the common anubias species are bulletproof.
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom