Oscar is lonely

OSCARTheGrouch
Hey guys....I just got rid of 2 turtles that wur sharing my 110 gal tank with my 4 inch tiger oscar....oscar really got used to the turtles and I think he enjoyed their company....but now hes all alone in this huge tank..... what are some good companions for an oscar that eats everything? I have 4 tinfoil barbs that I was thinking of moving in there....but I am concerened for their safety lol....so ya any sugestions are welcome

Shawnie
some fish I think would be great are silver dollars, pictus catfish (total bottom feeders and really cool to watch) another oscar the same size, jack dempseys, or even convicts (just careful about a m/f combo, they will harrass any other fish if they breed) ...got pics of your tank?

OSCARTheGrouch
No I dont....but its this really old school tall and long rectangle....its like maybe a 18" front to back...

Neville
Silver Dollar, bala sharks, plecos r good tankmates, tinfoils r also compatible; but Jack Dempseys may cause trouble sometimes (not always). what happened to your turtles?

Shawnie
jd's are so shy and timid ..at least most ive seen..

Gunnie
Oscars get grumpier as they get older. If may be difficult for your oscar to accept any other occupants in that tank, especially if they are smaller than he/she is. Oscars also will each anything they can fit in their mouths, so keep that in mind also.

Shawnie
mine aren't grumpy but certainly will eat ANYTHING ...as well as they are total tank destroyers now LOL ...they never use to be! brats!

OSCARTheGrouch
I was baby sitting the turtles and got the tank as payment.....I got oscar a texas cichild as a buddy....oscar is like 3 inches bigger then Tex and still has control over the top of the tank....but Tex is not that afraid of oscar....when I firt introduced them to the tank I fed them both a live feeder....first tex and then oscar....I think their gunna get along great

angelfish220
Awwwwhhhhh was this the oscar that would swim with the turtles, and like hang out with them and everything? And now their broken up. Darn.

A ful grown pleco would look like, awesome in that tank.

Shawnie
can you share pics of your kids? would love to see them

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
cpgarry
Replies
Views
Jaws90
Replies
Views
Dawn Michele