oscar in a 30g tank? Question

Discussion in 'Oscars' started by Red_Pharaoh, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Red_Pharaoh

Red_Pharaoh New Member Member

Okay so i have a problem, i was sold a tank a few months ago as a 55G after i had it all set up all my fish in it i found out it was only a 30G :;fru so i have an Oscar in it thats about maybe 3 1/2 in 2 snails and a farowella 5in (sp?) and i know i have to get a bigger thank lol but well he be fine until may comes around? the ammonia n/n are 0.00, 0.00, and between 5 -10ppm, Ph is 7.5 and i do weekly water changes about 20%.. what do you think? can i make it till may to get a bigger tank?:;dk

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

may is only a month away.I think he will be fine....but get a 55g or larger

3. OP
    OP
    Red_Pharaoh

Red_Pharaoh New Member Member

well a little over a month away lol and yeah i been looking for a 55 or 75 lol if i get any bigger my parents wouldnt have a living room any more hahahaha:;laughing

4. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Your Oscar will probably be ok for a month as long as you keep up with the water changes. Just keep an eye on those parameters to make sure things don't get out of hand water quality wise. If you have a choice in May, pick the 75gal. Your Oscar will be happier & it will be easier to maintain good water quality.

5. blueiristyson

blueiristyson Valued Member Member

I have a single Jack Dempsey in a 40 gallon. He is doing fine. He went from 2 inches to 7inches and he is really healthy. I think it should be ok for a few monthes but just keep an eye on the water chemistry. Always keep your ammonia at 0.Good Luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice