Oscar gets tiny white holes

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Moshe2, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Moshe2

Moshe2 Valued Member Member

Hi all I got 2 oscars in a 90 gallon tanks I do weekly water change they both got tiny holes in their head and from time to time thses holes turn white inside then it goes away what causes it and how can I get heal them

2. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

It could possibly be hole in the head. Do you have a pic? What size filter, and how much water are you changing?

3. OP
    OP
    Moshe2

4. OP
    OP
    Moshe2

I have 2 eheim 350 filters on it and a change about 30-40 percent

5. BDpups

Eheim? Or Penguin? The only 350 Eheim makes that I am aware of is a surface skimmer.

Can you get a pic? Oscars have sensory pits on their head that some people will mistake for HITH ( hole in the head )

You do have a pic, sorry I missed it.

It looks like it very well could be HITH.

6. OP
    OP
    Moshe2

I posted

Eheim classic 350

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
  7. BDpups

You are under filtered, and you are not changing enough water. Oscars are big waste producers and it looks like you have a pleco in there as well. Also a big waste producer. HITH is caused from dirty water. I would get some metro, and do some research on HITH,

I would also get more filtration, change 50% to 75% of the water twice a week, and seriously consider re-homing one of the oscars, and the pleco.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice