Oscar Food

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello! I got a baby Oscar (about 1-2 inches long) 3 days ago and I am going to my LFS today and want to get him some food. I am currently feeding him blood worms and he loves them but I want to get him a varied diet. I am trying to give him some freeze dried krill, but he is so small it is hard for him to eat it. Should I just stay in the blood worm diet for now until he is bigger to take krill or should I get him some pellets? I only have 1 rule, NO LIVE FOOD! Thanks

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
DaloAquatics said:
Hello! I got a baby Oscar (about 1-2 inches long) 3 days ago and I am going to my LFS today and want to get him some food. I am currently feeding him blood worms and he loves them but I want to get him a varied diet. I am trying to give him some freeze dried krill, but he is so small it is hard for him to eat it. Should I just stay in the blood worm diet for now until he is bigger to take krill or should I get him some pellets? I only have 1 rule, NO LIVE FOOD! Thanks
You can crush up the krill.

Try feeding insects. They don't need to be live and simulate a natural feeding.

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
would crickets work? I have 2 leopard geckos that eat crickets so I have some from the pet store.

RonJ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He is ready for pellet. And once in a while you can give him regular frozen human grade shrimp meat. I feed my 12” Oscar Hikari Carnivore sticks and Hikari Sinking Cichlid gold as staple. Also I give the Hikrai Cichlid Excel which has vegetable matter. I usually mix all 3 and give as he lives in a community tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom