Oscar Fish Patterns.

Mendjan

Reaction score
Hey guys i have had my oscar for almost 6 months now and he had these patterns since he was little i want to know if the patterns will go away when he is fully grown or will he be the same???? i really love him he looks really cool with those patterns ....
20180425_215134.jpg

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Fish can change patterns becuase of a variety of reasons. (Mostly because they feel like it...)my goldfish was solid orange when I bought him, now he’s molted white and orange. Handsome boy.

Mendjan

Reaction score
2211Nighthawk said:
Fish can change patterns becuase of a variety of reasons. (Mostly because they feel like it...)my goldfish was solid orange when I bought him, now he’s molted white and orange. Handsome boy.
I know goldfish change patterns and color but i don't know much about oscars dont get me wrong i know very well how to take care of them and what to feed and etc but for the colors and patters i dont know but i hope he does not lose his pattern its so cool

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
By the time an Oscar is 3-4 inches the pattern has changed about as much as it's going to. Once the red comes into the light markings, that's pretty much the pattern for life.

Mendjan

Reaction score
chromedome52 said:
By the time an Oscar is 3-4 inches the pattern has changed about as much as it's going to. Once the red comes into the light markings, that's pretty much the pattern for life.
Thats is great news he is about 7 inches right now i'm he will stay like this

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom