Oscar eating poop

FuryX

HI everyone. So I have had my fish for about 2 weeks now and he has been properly acclimated and water parameters are good. Now as we know about Oscars they are aggressive fish. But tonight He pooped and swam off but he turned back around and chased the poop as it was floating down to the rocks and ate it. Is he sick? Or did he do that out of sheer aggression?

CoryBoi

He probably just thought it was food.

FuryX

CoryFan said:
He probably just thought it was food.
I guess. Because he is always looking to eat coming to the top and swimming back and forth

GlennO

He may have heard of the benefits of recycling. ;)

TWiG87

Just an Oscar being an Oscar. Some of the most personality you will find in a Cichlid and will eat just about anything they can fit in their mouth!

Inner10

It's a fish...

Anarchy1213

I dont have an oscar but I have a few African chichlids that swim around, gulping some poop as its looks very similair to blood worms. They however immediately spit it out, sometimes you can't even notice. They know what is their foor and what is not. Even when I throw in squash of flakes for my other fish they would eag it but spit it out as they realise its not their type of food.

aquachris

Mine will occasionally go to eat the poop but they spit it out right away. I figured they think it looked like their food and were greatly disappointed

jake37

Oscars are just wet dogs; and everyone know that dogs eat poop.

Top Bottom